second surprise

Happy Easter to everybody!!! Thanks again for reading my story. Please keep voting and commenting. Girls thank you for the support. Z you are so sweet. Keep reading things are getting interesting. Love ya!!!

.................................................................

I agreed to buy the second dress Cathrine showed me as I didn't have the strength to go through this shopping thing after what had happened with Leo. I was trying very hard to hold back the tears and pretend that nothing happened for Cathrine's but also for my sake.

"You are easy to please Val. I hope you have a great time tonight with Harry"

Jesus I totally forgot about Harry. I couldn't just drop the bomb like that to him. He would want to quit his job or get in a fight with Leo both inconceivable to me at the moment or ever for that matter therefore I decided then and there that I wouldn't say anything to him for the time being. It wasn't fair I know and I would have liked to know if something similar were to happen with Harry but right now he was in a complicated phase and I didn't want to add to the drama. Leo...Leo...why did he have to come and ruin everything. I was so mad at him...all these years we grew up like brother and sister. I didn't gross out when he kissed me but it didn't feel right either. I was mad at myself, too, for not seeing the signs that Rose had probably picked up and hinted on. I didn't even want to contemplate her face once I would tell her. And Leo...his face when he told me...the pain was evident...I'd never seen him like that. He wanted to be with me...I was so clueless and he was so hurt but Harry was everything to me and Leo just had to deal with that. Still the hurt for losing my best friend was there and it would take time for me and Leo to go back to where we were if we would ever go there again but I was willing to try. Besides he said to pretend like nothing happened...

"Val sweetie are you staying at Rose's or Cathrine's tonight? Why the bag?" my mum asked concerned.

"Mum please don't hate me but I'm staying at Harry's tonight"

"I don't hate you honey but please be careful. He lives with his parents, doesn't he?"

"Yeah, he does". She looked a bit relieved knowing that other people would be there, too in case of an emergency.

"OK then. Have fun. By the way if you see Leo tell him I'm cooking his favourite tomorrow" she kissed my cheek and slowly left my room oblivious to our situation.

I was wearing the spring green dress that Cathrine picked out, straightened my hair and applied my makeup, after all we were going to a club after dinner despite Harry and Rose's attempts to conceal it, so I had to look good. I didn't feel like going out at all knowing that Leo was in a bad place but I couldn't just cancel with people probably planning to meet us at the club later on so I played along.

Harry was right on time looking gorgeous with black skinny jeans and a white button up long sleeved shirt and his beautiful curls framing his handsome face and those jade green orbs. He had lilac tulips in his hands and offered them to me.

"Baby, you look incredible" he leaned to kiss my cheek when my mom cleared her throat.

"Hi Harry. How are you?" she said in a serious tone.

"Fine Mrs. Cameron. How about you?" I took the beautiful tulips and handed them to my mum.

"Harry Val is staying with you tonight...you are responsible for her" she continued.

"Mom, I am right here. I can hear you know" I said irritated by her behaviour. She acted like we were some sort of children.

"Don't worry Mrs. Cameron. My dad has an alarm system. Val, is safe with me."

She nodded and left.

"I'm sorry about that Harry. She is just worried. So...you look great. Thank you for the flowers. They are my favourite" I said and smiled at my loving boyfriend.

"I know, love. That's why I chose them" he said.

"Let's get going before my mom returns" I said and grabbed his arm when he winced.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?" I asked worriedly.

"No, babe I'm fine, let's go"

As soon as we got to Harry's car he leaned and kissed me once more.

"Happy birthday baby! We were interrupted before..."

"Not until midnight sweetie."

"I'll tell you again then. Come on let's get going. I have reservations at Chloe's"

Chloe's was a fancy restaurant that probably cost Harry a lot and I didn't want him spending money on me. After an awkward dinner with me thinking about Leo and feeling guilty for not telling Harry the truth and Harry asking me if I was OK every ten minutes it was time to leave. We argued about the bill but he wouldn't have it.

"So what's eating you up Val? Don't tell me nothing because I'm not buying it" he said once we got in the car.

"Are you worried about your mom telling your dad?" he asked concerned.

"Yeah...that's it" I said.

"Don't worry too much especially not tonight baby. We'll deal with that in due time. Besides I think your mom is warming up to me...God you look beautiful. How did I get so lucky again?" he told me pecking my lips and started the engine. Just then he received a text. He scrolled the screen and looked at me.

"Baby do you mind if we go by Kahlua. Pete is there and he forgot his wallet and needs some cash" he tried to play innocent and I let him.

"Yeah, sure" I replied smiling.

We were there at ten to twelve. He held my hand so tenderly, his smile never leaving his face. He led me past the crowd towards the VIP area where Pete supposedly was waiting for us. When we approached I was startled by a huge crowd screaming "Surprise" trying to be heard over the pumping loud music. Everybody was there: Rose was holding a cake with the words Happy Birthday Valerie and the number 20 written on it , Cathrine was there with her new boyfriend, Pete, Lucy-Harry's sister, some of my friends from school and some from uni- Rose's doing for sure- and even my brothers were there who had found out about Harry from mom and were surprisingly OK about it since they didn't know all the details apparently. Everyone was there but one. They all started kissing me and wishing me happy birthday. I was a bit overwhelmed to be honest. Then as Harry went to light the single candle on the cake I felt someone approaching from behind touching my shoulder. I turned and before I knew it I was wrapped in Leo's arms.

"Happy birthday Val!" he whispered in my ear as he held me tight. "I'm sorry" he continued by kissing my cheek and then went next to Chris his eyes never leaving mine.

"Baby, the candle..." Harry said and everybody sang for me as I finally blew it out.

"Happy birthday, Val. Happy birthday baby! I love you baby. God, I love you so much!!!" he said and kissed me passionately. I smiled in the kiss and held him tighter when he winced again when I touched his arm.

"Harry, what is it?" I asked puzzled.

"Baby don't get mad. It's your birthday present" he said and I just didn't get it. He was in some sort of pain and that was my present. What present? What was he talking about?

"What do you mean?" He slowly unbuttoned his cuff button and rolled up his sleeve when I noticed a big white band aid around his upper arm.

"No, no, no..." I said shaking my head.

"Happy birthday?" ...and there it was a new tattoo added to his collection. Valerie decorating his body in ink forever.