For Him

"I have to ask-" Namjoon muffles himself, low enough that only Jungkook and Hoseok could hear him. "Who is that?"

The two exchange glances. Uncertainty flashing across their faces.

"Umm.. we're not sure" Hoseok whispers back.

Namjoon shoots him a look, brows furrowing in the centre of his face.

"Yoongi-hyung acts almost like she's not there." Jungkook pipes in. "She's been here for two weeks and she just paints. Headphones in, head down. I've never seen them actually interact."

Namjoon looks back at the man in question. Straightening his shoulders, he was going to have to be the one to find out.

He walks over to Yoongi, who is adjusting soundbars on the monitor. Headphones also deafening him to the conversation.

Stepping to the side, he taps the man on the shoulder. Yoongi responds immediately, taking his headphones off to give his leader his full attention.

"What's up?"

"Who's the painter?" Namjoon motions to you on the floor, head bobbing to whatever music you were listening too, paintbrush in hand.

"Oh, a friend of mine." Yoongi shrugs nonchalantly. Acting as though this isn't some strange occurrence for his studio. That he always has a female foreigner painting on a canvas, ignoring everything and everyone coming and going.

He spins back to the monitors, continuing to adjust the track he's currently working on.

Namjoon looks at the two men, all mirroring a look of utter bewilderment. How is this normal?

"A friend of yours?" Namjoon manages to repeat. When did Yoongi become friends with you? They knew almost all of each other's friends. So how did he have a female friend that none of them knew about? He doesn't think he's ever mentioned a name-but maybe he missed it?

"Yep." Yoongi doesn't take his eyes off of his work but continues to answer the trio's unanswered questions. "She's visiting from overseas. But I still have work to do before I can show her around, so she's just staying busy until then. But honestly, it's super helpful having her in here."

"How so?" Namjoon looks back over at you. Still not looking up, fully entranced in your painting. He doesn't even know if you know that they were there, in the room.

He gives Jungkook and Hoseak a weary look, shaking his head in confusion.

"I'll show you."

Yoongi clicks on the settings of his audio file, changing the speakers to a set of wireless headphones. After hitting play, he turns his chair to look at you. The trio also turns to look at you.

Your head shoots up, locking eyes with Yoongi you cock your head. Silently asking him something that wasn't known to the other three. Yoongi nods his head in response.

Shrugging your left shoulder, you focus back on your painting. Painting dimension and depth into the purposefully placed circles.

Next thing they know you begin humming. Humming turns into oooh's, next thing they know you're singing the lyrics of the song Yoongi had been working on, for a solo project. An unfinished project.

They can't believe it. Your voice comes out soft, but strong, velvety smooth as you continue ignoring them.

Once the music stops. You stop singing and the boys are back in silence.

No one can talk. Maybe they've forgotten how. Your voice was so haunting but still so sweet, they weren't expecting it.

Eyes wide they turn back to Yoongi who's now smirking in his seat.

"Sometimes it's hard to get an idea of how the lyrics are going, especially it being my own voice." He explains. "So she sings for me and I can figure out what I'm doing wrong or in this case right."

"She's-shes-" Hoseok tries.

"Good right?" Still, that damn smirk is plastered on his face. Enjoying the shock on his fellow bandmates a little too much.

"Good? Try AMAZING!" Jungkook claps excitedly.

Now Yoongi begins to laugh. He was just as shocked long ago when he first heard you sing. Getting over the initial shock took some time, your voice like nothing he's heard before. But eventually, it became one of his favourite things. In his excitement he mentioned you recording a song, putting it out there, sharing your voice with the world.

But you declined. Your dream wasn't to be famous. You had other goals in life. You wanted to focus on finishing your degree in university. Working in your chosen field. Your friendship with the world-famous rapper stays a secret between you two. Occasionally you could hear your voice in the backing track of one of his mixtapes, he always asked for permission. So to keep the secret, you wouldn't sing. You'd stay quiet, to stay hidden.

But for him, you'd sing.

In this small room of his, with his headphones on.