Is God Stingy?

How do You See God?HOwHow dot

Perception plays a big role in the way you interact with God. How you see Him is a factor in whether you feel close or distant with Him. Another element is your mindset. For example, if you have a poverty perspective, you may find yourself looking at God as One Who withholds from you. In other words, you'll see Him as stingy. Some may feel as if they have to beg Him to get anything from Him.

How do you see God? Do you think He's stingy? If so, how does that view line up with the Bible? One of the reasons for renewing the mind is to gain a proper perspective. There's a very good chance that if you spend little or no time in your Bible, you have several false notions about God. If you're one who relies on opinions or conjecture from others, you may compound the situation. Especially, if you're listening to those who think just like you. This is how the proverbial echo-chamber is created. If we're to be like-minded, biblically speaking, we need to be in agreement with what God says.

Some may not admit it publicly, but they do see God as tightfisted. Of that number, some carry a notion that God has limited resources. In other words, if He blesses someone else, He won't have anything to give to them. This is one way jealousy gets a foothold. "Why should they get the blessing?" Of course, this is another subject to examine in greater detail. But do take heart: God is not unequal and He has unlimited resources.

Does The Bible Say God is Stingy?

So, what does the Bible actually say? Jesus said something profound in relation to God's generosity: Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the Kingdom (Luke 12:32). We have an amazing Father Who loves to bless His children.

Romans 8:31-32 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not His Own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall he not with Him also freely give us all things?

Jesus alone answers the question.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

God's love prevents Him from being stingy! He lavishly blesses us all the time; but unfortunately, we don't always recognize it. If He happens to withhold something, that something may not be the blessing you might believe it to be. At least, for the moment. Moreover, our Father is more than equal.

Check this out: But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in Heaven: for He maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust (Matthew 5:44-45).

   He treats everyone better than they deserve! Search the Scriptures to see if it be so!