Joslyn's Bad Day

Joslyn was getting home from the WORST day of work she had ever had, knowing she would soon be home was the only thing that could satiate her through yesterday's shift. But unsurprisingly her hope was only a pipe dream, because as she walked up to the apartment building, she seen an atrocity.

"Damn it! That stupid dog!"

Joslyn rushed to the double doors, flying up the stairs to see the full extent of the massacre. Joslyn just sighed as she stood looking at her liquidated door. It was too late; the dog was back. Joslyn then begrudgingly unlocked the door. She stepped into the tiny apartment carefully laying down her grocery bags and checked the clock.

11:07

Exhausted from the horrible day, Joslyn retrieved a pot from the sink to make instant ramen, her personal go-to.

"Alright now just to tur-aaah!"

CLANK!

"DAMN IT!"

Joslyn had tripped on a crack in the floor while she was going to turn on the stove. As she goes to pick up the pot to examine the carnage. Tick! Tick! She stopped herself absorbed by this unusual sound in the usually quiet apartment.  Weird. What would be ticking? Forgetting the pot entirely she walked past the couch over to the clock in the entryway. For some reason it seems to have gotten louder. Ugh it's probably giving her a headache.

*Aaaaaaah

Her headache must be getting worse.  She's starting to hear the screaming. She must be imagining it, she told herself. There is nothing around to make such a sound. Not in an abandoned apartment building. But that doesn't seem to stop her anxiety. What if it was someone? That scream...

No it's too high pitched. Almost too eerie to come out of a human and nothing lived near the abandoned apartment building other than a stray dog. Yet she waited.  Just to see if she heard any commotion to validate her paranoia.

Tick. Tick. Tick. Grrgh!!!

Oh my stomach is growling. She must have remembered that she was hungry. Since immediately after hearing it she walked into the kitchen and seen a pot in the middle of the  floor. A look of realization crosses her face as she seems to realize the pot she dropped earlier before she got distracted by the ticking of the clock . She picked up the pot turning it around in her hands to check for any damage before turning on the faucet.

Fwooosh

As the pot is filling up with water she turned to the stove and turned on the stove when.

Zap!

The stove shocked her! She turned back to the water that is now filling up the sink. She turned the faucet off and dumped the water out. Not wanting to test her very apparent luck anymore she placed the ramen back in the cabinet and grabbed a package of crackers. She seemed to find it strange that they were already opened. Didn't she just buy these yesterday she wondered?

Confused she goes to the living room and sat on the tiny wornout foldout couch. She looked over at the clock to see if it was as late as she thought it was 11:09. The look on her face reveals that her day had  gone by too slowly. She turned on the TV and began to watch America's Got Talent. Ha couldn't be me. The current contestant playing on the show now is supposedly an amazing singer. However when they sung it sounded horrible like nails scratching on a metal door. But the judges loved it.

What! That makes no sense she sung horribly why are they praising her!?

*Screeeee

Joslyn stopped moving frozen in fear and time stood still as she muted the TV and waited.

11:10:37

The stove sparked. The lights flickered.

11:10:42

The door shuddered as if hit by an extremely strong wind. D-d-dng

11:10:49

The door swings open slamming into the wall behind it. BOOM!

11:10:50

Joslyn heard an eerie screech that sounds oddly like the scream she heard earlier and started trembling.

11:10:58

Something began to slowly flow into her open door like fog. Joslyn screamed even though no one would  hear her. Yet she screams if only to stop the coming darkness flowing towards her from the door. Stretching out towards her. It reached out toward her demanding her to look at it. The fog forming into a point headed straight towards her. Sshmooom! It stopped.

*drip *drip

11:10:59

Joslyn looked at the dangerous force trembling and crying. Is this rea-

Dwoomp

11:11

The clock falls silently to the floor as  I step through my doorway. I turn to look at Joslyn's still body as it lay having fallen from my couch. I look down at the now broken clock. It reads

11:11

I guess wishes really do come true.