Three's Company Too?

It's been 4 days since the accident and Natalie still hasn't woken up. Katherine and Nick are on their usual coffee morning "date."

"I'm going to go back to Natalie. I wish she would go ahead and wake up."

"She will. Just give it time. Let me walk you." Nick says.

"Ok." Katherine replied. They are waiting for the elevator when Katherine takes takes Nick's hand. They get in the elevator and Nick takes his opportunity and he kisses Katherine. She kisses back. Nick cups his hands around her face, but Katherine soon pulls back just as the elevator door opens.

"This was a mistake." Katherine says and gets out the elevator. She wanted to continue kissing Nick, but she still loved Brad, even though she hated him. She did have three kids with him, even though only one is alive. She goes to the bathroom and cries. She likes Nick but she loves Brad. Katherine knows she shouldn't trust Brad after everything he's done.

****

Nick wants to go after Katherine but he has work to do. He gets off on the floor with coma patients and goes to Natalie's room. He sees Brad in there.

"Hey. Do you know where Katherine is? I have to head to work and I need to talk to her."

"Um, no. I think I saw her in the cafeteria, but other than that, no." Nick lies.

"You like her, don't you?" Brad ask.

"That's between me and her."

"I'll take that as a yes." Brad says. "Tell her that I got the papers and I will not sign them."

"I'll pass on the message. Have a nice day."

"You too. Maybe tomorrow I can have coffee with you and my wife, you know since you and her have coffee, I mean Three's company too, right?" Brad says and leaves.

****

Katherine goes to Natalie's room just as Brad is walking out.

"Hey." Katherine says and Brad just walks right by her. She walks into the room and sees Nick at the computer. She freezes. Nick turns around and sees Katherine.

"I'm sorry for kissing you. I just thought since you grabbed my hand that it was okay for me to make a move."

"It was. I enjoyed it. It's just I still have feelings for Brad. I still love him."

"I understand. He wanted me to tell you that he got the papers and that he's not signing them. I should get going. My shift is over in 15 minutes and I have to check on my other patients."

"Ok. Can you come back after so we can talk?"

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"Oh ok. I hope to see you later."

"I'm not working tonight. "

"Oh ok. We'll see you tomorrow."

"Yea. I guess you will." Nick says and leaves. He doesn't know why he sounded so much like a jerk. Maybe it was because Katherine rejected his kiss and then Brad called her his wife when she said they were getting a divorce.

*****

Brad is getting back up to the hospital from work. He sees Katherine sitting in a chair by Natalie.

"Hey." He says.

"Hi."

"Did you enjoy your kiss?" Brad ask referring to the kiss that Katherine and Nick had earlier.

"What?"

"The kiss. I saw it earlier. When the elevator stopped. " I saw it when j was walking back to the room when I saw you and Dr.Parker kissing." Brad says. Katherine is about to speak when she hears a voice.

"Mommy? Daddy?"