Wish Upon A Star

It was a normal day at the Diaz household. Marco was reading, the laser puppies were running around and Star was, well practicing failed magic.

"Hey, Marco! Check out my...FLYING NARWHAL SPELL!" Star said as aimed her wand and out came a giant narwhal with wings plopped out and exploded.

"Wasn't that awesome!?" Star jumped up and down. Marco didn't bother to look up from his book.

"Uh..huh..." He said still not taking his off the pages. "Whatcha reading, Marky?" Star asked using her pet name for him.

"Ummm...nothing...!" Marco tried to hide the book but failed quickly. "How to be a good...boyfriend!?" Star read out loud.

She looked over to a red faced Marco. "You're a boyfriend?! Wait...what's a boyfriend?" Marco looked up at her. "You mean, no one dated back on Mewni?"

"Nope! When you turn 18 you're forced to marry some random dude. And if you don't you...have to go to...AHHHHHHHH!" Star screamed at the back story.

"Well, here on earth if you really like someone you can choose to ask them to date you." He explained. "Ohhhh, so like me and you!" Star smiled.

Marco blushed. "Well...yeah for example..." He felt his face heat up. "So anyway who are you dating!" She asked excitedly. "Well I got the courage to ask out Jackie..." Marco smiled.

"That's awesome Marco!" Star hugged him. They released and Marco looked at his phone to see a text from Jackie. "Oh hey, Jackie said she wants to meet up at the ice cream parlor."

"SQUEEEE! I LOVE ICE CREAM!" Star jumped happily. "Umm...well, Star...it's kinda a date, and..you can't come..." Marco said rubbing the back of his neck.

Star's face fell. "Oh...well I guess I'll...stay here...alone..." Marco looked to see a sad star. "I'll bring you back some!" He said grabbing his red sweater and heading out.

"OK..." Star felt upset. Not a failed magic upset, but a different upset. She couldn't quite put her finger on it. She spotted Marco's book and picked it up.

"Hmmmm, Chapter 10 'how to kiss a girl' kiss?" She flipped a couple pages and found a picture example. "Wait Marco's gonna kiss Jackie?!"

Knowing very little what this word 'kiss' meant she grabbed her purse and wand and dashed out the door. "Gotta find the ice cream parlor!"

Star stopped to see a huge ice cream cone on a building and a sing saying 'Ice Cream Everywhere!' She ran in and tried to spot Marco. But instead she found Jackie kissing some hunk.

Star gasped and ran over to her. "Hey! Jackie!" Jackie looked up to see a aggravated Star. "Star?" She asked as she told the hunk he could go.

"I thought you were dating Marco!" Star shouted. "Listen, Star...I am dating Marco, and even when you're dating them you can still kiss someone else. Jackie lied.

"Are you sure?" Star said crossing her arms. "99%" Jackie saw Marco coming back with ice cream. "My boyfriend is back, you should go." Jackie said pushing Star out the door.

Marco handed Jackie her ice cream cone and started to eat his. Star wasn't quite convinced so she decided to watch. She stared through the window.

They finished their ice cream and were about to leave when marco kissed Jackie on the lips. Star stared, hurt. She felt the weird upset feeling when they kissed.

Star didn't want to be seen so she ran back to the Diaz house. When she arrived she put the book back on the bed and pretended to play with the puppies.

Marco walked into the room with a lovestruck expression. "How was you're d-date..." Star asked not as enthusiastic as she usually is. "Awesome...!" Was all he could say before he flopped down on the bed.

"She kissed me...!" Marco sat up and punched the air. "That's...great..." Star never really liked the fact that Marco liked Jackie, when it came to Jackie she was all that mattered to him.

"So...did Jackie tell you about, you know...about how she kissed some other guy...?" Star mumbled regretting every word she said. "What?" Marco looked at her confused.

"Never mind..." She knew he wouldn't believe her, so she just gave up. "Welp, I'm going to the park to figure out where I should take Jackie out next. Bye Star!" Marco grabbed his book and left.

"Bye, Marco!" Star yelled as he left. She watched him leave while humming. She didn't know how to tell Marco the truth. He loved Jackie.

Star started to think about Marco and herself. He was her best friend. She didn't think they'd be more than that. Star was his bestie and Jackie was his girlfriend.

Star was lost in thought when suddenly the door burst open, causing her to jump. She looked over to see Marco. He looked hurt and angry at the same time.

He plopped down face first onto the bed. He threw his book across the room and shoved a pillow over his head. "I hate everything...!" Marco mumbled from under the pillow.

"What happened?" Star asked running over to him. He looked up with tears in his eyes. "When I went to the park to read I saw Jackie kissing some guy behind a tree. Then she tried to lie her way out of it."

Star knew she was bad and was out to hurt Marco. "I wish I would of told you sooner..." Star looked down. "Huh?" He stared at her like she'd have grown another head.

"Huhhh...I followed you to the ice cream shop and saw Jackie kissing someone else. I just didn't think you'd believe me...I'm sorry." She told him everything.

"Star it's not you fault. I'm over her anyway." He said as he put his hand on her shoulder and gave he a reassuring smile. The puppies awoken from their nap and started barking.

"Let's go take the puppies for a walk." Star said as she grabbed Marco's wrist and ran out the door with the puppies. Before they knew it the sky had grown dark.

They had found themselves sitting up top a hill under the stars. Marco pointed up to sky and shouted. "Hey look! A shooting star! Make a wish!"

Star looked up. "I wish we could come back and do this tomorrow!" She threw her arms in the air. "I wish I will find a girl who loves me enough not to cheat on me."

Marco looked down sadly. Star hated seeing him like this. She scooted closer to him and rested her head on his shoulder. He blushed at the sudden contact.

They sat for a couple minutes in silence. Star knew what she had to do. After seeing how much power a single kiss could have she knew how to cheer up her best friend.

She took her head off Marco's shoulder and sat in front of him. Marco looked up to see Star's sky blue eyes. Star leaned in and kissed Marco's lips.

He felt his face heat up more than ever before. But accepted and returned the kiss. No matter what, Star knew you don't need to wish upon a star for a true friend.

The End.