Chapter 1: Prologue (Dustin)

So me and Lenny are here. Some old recreation center nobody ever uses. So I park my old truck and look over at Lenny. "You sure this is the place?" I asked as I looked around.

"This is where the pamphlet said to be...." He nodded. "You ready?" He asked kinda nervously. "Just remember I'm always here, I don't want to see you hurting yourself man."

"Thanks Lenny, you're a great friend. I don't know what I'd do without you. Yeah, I'm ready. Just don't flirt with to many boys here." Oh I forgot to mention, Lenny is gay. But me and him just kinda clicked in 2nd grade. I treat him the same. I've had his back ever since. Always somebody had to make fun of him. I made sure they sure as hell quit.

We hoped out of the truck and headed for the door. I held it open for him and we walked inside. We were greeted by a a short bald man. "Hello!!! I am Mr. Bennifield. But the kids call me 'Mr. B.' I'll be you're therapy leader. Please know that if you need anything, just give me a holler. Meeting room is right down that hall there.

And so we walked down there. Inside that room was no more than 10 more people. Oh good, I thought, a small group. Me and Lenny took our seats. Everyone looked our way. A couple of smiles were tossed our way. But there was also some frowns. Tough crowd, eh? I looked over at Lenny and he nodded.

Then she walked in.....