Once upon a time

A MAGNIFICENT CASTLE. Resplendent, bespeaking great wealth and power. The grounds and stonework immaculate. Once upon a time in the hidden heart of France, a handsome young Prince lived in a beautiful castle... RACK FOCUS to a single RED ROSE clinging to a rose bush on a stormy spring night. 

 EXT. Charlie COTTAGE - MORNING 

The front door of a cozy cottage opens to reveal -- Charlie, a pure beauty blessed with intelligent, fiercely inquisitive eyes. With book in hand, she takes a deep breath of morning air and gazes toward the church which peeks above the village rooftops.

 Charlie: You've read it? 

 Charlie Well, not that one. But, you know. Books. 

 Val:(hands her the flowers) For your dinner table. Shall I join you this evening? 

  Charlie Sorry, not tonight.

  Val: Busy? 

  Charlie: No. A mortified smile and Charlie is off. 

 Vox approaches. 

  Vox: So. Moving on? 

  Val: No, vox. It's the ones who play hard to get that are always the sweetest prey.

  Val: That's what makes Belle so appealing She hasn't made a fool of herself just to gain my favor. What would you call that? vox Dignity? 

  Val: It's outrageously attractive, isn't it? Val looks at the village lasses standing outside of the tavern. 

They all give him the eye. 

Val saunters over.

  EXT.Charlie COTTAGE - DAY 

Charlie hears the tinkle of a sweet MUSIC BOX tune wafting out of her father's basement workshop. 

  INT. CELLAR WORK ROOM - Charlie COTTAGE - DAY

Charlie descends into to her father's dusty work room. Sunlight spotlights Lucifer hunched over his workspace. Charlie quietly watches as he sings along with the music box theme. 

 Lucifer: How does a moment last forever? How can a story never die? It is love we must hold on to Never easy --