36. Made You Look Like A Fool.

As was often the case, I drank one too many drinks and I made out with someone high above the streets of Paris, not that I could tell you who it was or what their name was. It was a really bad habit that, one day, would probably get me into a lot of trouble. I naturally also struggled to remember anything about getting back to the hotel and into bed, but I woke up the next day feeling pretty lousy. Not bad enough to be miserable though, that was impossible since I was in Paris.

It was so nice that had the whole day off, although the guys - Oli to be more specific - was hosting a party at a club that night, doing some kind of 'DJ set' or something so he still had to 'work' so to speak. It was going to be a huge event so the whole band were going along in support, or just for the benefits. The drinks would be free and we'd be treated as VIP's after all. I guess that was why some of the guys just wanted to go back to the hotel and relax the previous night, knowing what was ahead of them.

I had a few things on my agenda for the day off, mostly art-related or historical, but I also had a few fashion things that I wanted to see as well. I had a feeling Paige, and therefor also Matt would probably join me on my adventures, but I was surprised when most of the band wanted to tag along. I really thought they would want a break from each other, but apparently not. I wanted to visit the artist-district of Montmartre and see the beautiful Sacre Coeur building, I wanted to explore the weird, contemporary art museum; Pompidou and I wanted to go to the Dior Galerie; basically a museum or time capsule of the Christian Dior brand over the years. Sure, they were one of Burberry's rival brands, but Dior was my favourite of all the big, French  fashion houses. 

Pretty much everyone came with me for the first two activities and we stopped for lunch nearby the art gallery before going inside. It was a massive, multi-level gallery and everyone kind of just followed me around like a tour guide which was almost annoying to be honest... but the things inside were interesting and thought-provoking. I really enjoyed it. It was almost 4pm by time we were heading to Dior, so most of the guys went back to the hotel, leaving only Paige and I... and Matt, and Oli? I knew Matt was only there because Paige was, but Oli? He didn't have to subject himself to looking at dresses and handbags. Oh well, I didn't really care as long as he didn't ruin it for me or give me shit about it. I walked around the Dior gallery in awe, fascinated and falling in love with all of the  gorgeous gowns and outfits on display in the most beautiful, high-class setting. It was the kind of thing I dreamed to be able to put together myself; fashion exhibitions, shows and events... my mind was so far up in the clouds as I walked around imagining myself doing such incredible things. I stopped by the gift shop-slash-boutique on the way out too, just to browse of course since everything cost an arm and a leg. I was looking at the shoes and then the bags; the most gorgeous; a black tote with gold studs all over it and the letters D, I, O and R hanging from the handle... it was way out of my price range, but touching it and dreaming about owning something so stunning never hurt.
"You can't afford it." Oli said with a laugh from behind me. Asshole. I mean, he was right, but still. "Thanks for ruining my daydream, asshole." I said as I walked away.

It was 6pm when we got back to the hotel, but we weren't leaving until 9, so everyone met at the hotel bar for a couple of drinks. I think the guys planned on staying there until 8 or so, probably later, but Paige and I disappeared to get ready to go to the party much earlier. I showered and straightened my hair, I put on most of my makeup... I picked out a really sexy dress that was black, and then Oli came back to the room; about thirty minutes before we were due to leave.  He showered and I heard the hairdryer, and by time he was ready, it was five minutes until we needed to go. Talk about cutting it close.

"Uhhhhhh, what are you wearing?" he asked when he saw me. I didn't know what the problem was... I looked hot, while he was dressed in ripped black jeans and a black band shirt. It's not like he looked super dressed up or anything.
"What do you mean? What's wrong with it?" I asked.
"It's black... you do know we're going to a neon party, right? Like rave colours?" he questioned. What was he talking about? Of course I didn't fucking know that!
"You're not wearing any fucking colour!" I squealed.
"Yeah, because the club has shit for me to put on when I get there. You cannot wear that." he chuckled. Oh my God, was he kidding?!
"You didn't think to tell me this earlier?!" I questioned, now frantically looking for something more colourful in my suitcase. God he was so annoying! I hated being rushed, I hated trying to put an outfit together quickly... especially when I had to wear fucking colour and ninety percent of my entire wardrobe was fucking black.
"Oh my God, this is a nightmare!" I stated.
"Stop stressing, I'm messaging the others to just go without us, we'll catch up with them." he said. I really didn't care because I was scrambling. I found a hot pink dress I'd worn a few days ago under my leather jacket... I hadn't washed it, but it wasn't really dirty - it just smelt like perfume to be honest.
"What about this? Will this work?" I asked urgently.
"Yeah, that will do." he said with a smile. I was almost freaked out by how calm and seemingly human he was being. I had a matching pink lipstick, so I did that as fast as I could without making myself look like a clown, and I had some earrings that matched the dress too so I put them on. I went to the bathroom to change, of course having to change my bra as well because of the different dress style and I emerged looking like some kind of Barbie with an emo streak once I was done. I didn't usually not wear any black at all, and it felt weird, but at least I wouldn't look completely out of place if everyone at the club was in neon!
"OK, we really need to get going now!" Oli suddenly yelled from the room. Ugh! Didn't he know beauty took time?! Oli kind of smirked when I emerged from the bathroom, and I wanted to hit him in the face as he just looked me up and down.
"Aren't we in a rush?" I questioned. He just nodded. I hated that we were going to be late, but Oli was the main guest, so... it's not like they wouldn't let us in. Maybe it would be kind of cool to make a grand entrance anyway.