Chapter 1

-Zoe's POV-
Let me break this down for you. My father had won big at the casino. He wanted to test his luck and again won big on the lottery. He became a billionaire over night and let the money get to his head. He started getting involved with the wrong people and managed to put our family in danger. He hired body guards to go with us if we ever went out. He hired 7 of them. With the body guards he also hired maids.

"I'm going out!" I yelled as I walked out of the house and towards the car.

"Good afternoon Ms. Monroe" JJ my bodyguard said as he opened the back door for me.

"Good afternoon, and thank you JJ" I said to him as I got in.

"Where are we off to today?" He asked as he looked in the rear view mirror.

"Uh.. we'll I'm going to see Jake.. we are going to meet at the park" I said looking down.

I've never had the best luck with boyfriends. JJ was just recently switched to my service, before him I had Simon. Simon was my bodyguard from the when they were all first hired. He became almost like my best friend. I told him everything. He told me things on occasion but never revealed to much of his personal life. Simon helped me through my break ups but now, I don't know what will happen if me and Jake break up.

"Ms. Monroe, we are here" JJ said snapping me out of my thoughts as he stood there with the door open.

I quickly jump out and tighten my cardigan around me as I walk towards Jake who is sitting on the bench underneath a huge tree. I smile as I make my way closer until I see him glance up and quickly put his phone in his pocket. I shrug it off as I sit down beside him.

"Hey" I smile looking at him.

"Hi" he says with no emotion.

"Are you okay?" I ask him.

"Yeah just needed to talk to you. Uh so this isn't going to work" he said glancing at me.

"Oh.. alright" I say standing up and walking away.

Figures. Nothing ever can go right in my life. Nothing. I was determined not to cry. I can't. How could I?? I've been used to this my whole life.

"Everything okay ma'am?" JJ asked as I walked back to the car.

"Nothing I'm not use to" I say sighing. "Just take me home please" I say feeling tears slip down my face.

"Ma'am I know I'm not your original bodyguard and we aren't supposed to get close, but I am here for you to talk to" JJ says I get into the car.

"Thank you JJ, and please call me Zoe when we aren't around my family. It's just weird." I say and giggle a bit.

"As you wish, Zoe" JJ says as he gets into the car.

The drive home was very quick. And I quickly jump out and run upstairs. I grab my laptop and call my best friend. His name is Nolan. He has been my best friend since elementary. The only guy to never break my heart. We were like siblings.

"Hey Zo-Zo!!" He smiles once he answers.

"Hey Nol" I grin.

"How you been?! You're coming to visit soon right?!" He grins getting excited.

"Been better but yes!! Dad won't let me fly and won't let me go alone but yes! I leave in a week!!" I smile.

"Yes!!! Wait that means a bodyguard will be here.. will it be THE bodyguard?!?" He question with a smirk.

Okay so maybe I haven't been honest. JJ was put on my service because I tried to kiss Simon. When I realized he had rejected me I felt embarrassed and asked my dad to give me a different bodyguard.. I started to really like Simon. Nobody knows but Nolan and Jenny, my brothers wife.

My brother is also a very rich man thanks to my fathers 'fame'. He owns an entire block of bars and clubs. He built them all and they quickly became the top place to go. I don't see much of them because they are constantly working. My father is always away because of business and my mother well she goes with him. So I am home alone most of the time.

"No, not that I know of. It will be a different one. I hope.." I say shaking my head.

"Zo, you gotta learn to have fun. So what you got rejected go after him!!!" He smirks.

"I'm not like you Nol.. I'm more shy an-" I get cut off by a knock on my door. "Hold that thought" I say standing up.

I go to my door and open it to find my mom.

"We are off, not sure when we will be back but have fun! I'll miss you tons baby!" She says hugging me"

"I'll miss you too, love you!" I say to her.

"Dinner is about ready the maids know it'll be just you so take care!" She says walking away.

I sigh before going to my laptop and telling Nolan I have to go. I get off the FaceTime and walk down stairs.

"They've already left Zoe" I heard the maid, Sarah, say to me as I reach the bottom.

"Oh okay, will you guys be eating with me then?" I grin looking at her.

"Of course! We all love when we get to eat dinner with you!" She giggles heading back to the kitchen.

I follow her to see everyone in there. I wave at everyone until my eyes fall upon Simon. I quickly look away before going to grab my plate and sit down. If my parents found out about any of this, them calling me by my first name, eating dinner with me, they would probably kill me. I don't care though. These guys are my family. They have my back and stay with me all the time.

"Let's eat!!" I hear all the guys say as everyone sits down.

I giggle as we all start to eat.