Tales Of Arc

"Gaius!"

I looked up from the book I was drawing in to see my eight year old sister standing at the other end of the table with a grin on her face.

"What is it Emily?" I asked, placing my pencil down on the page with a drawing of a raven on it.

"Heath is here for you," she explained.

"Okay thank you, tell him I'll be there shortly," I replied. She waved before running off back down the house.

I closed the book and stood up from my seat. I pushed the chair in and walked over to my bedroom window. It was a bright, happy and peaceful day. The leaves of the trees danced gently in the wind. The sky was nice and blue, and few clouds were sprawled across it. I looked left and saw part of the town that Heath and I would be going to. We had one spot in particular which we went to most days where we'd often meet up. It was a spot on the other side of town, a bit past the market. A grassy area near a stone bridge that stretched over a clear running stream of water. There was a nice tall tree there, it's leaves were big and green, the tree didn't look close to dying. It was my favourite tree, and my favourite spot to be. I would often relax there, enjoy a nice book or just go there to draw. The tree wasn't all by itself, though. There are bushes and some plants nearby and one rose bush next to the tree that is so beautiful. That area was just fine place to read, relax and to enjoy a nice lunch, or the company of your friends.

I turned from the window and walked towards the door of my bedroom. Then, up the three steps and down the hallway, moving quickly, so I would not keep Heath waiting.

I entered the front room and saw my mother talking to Heath: the black haired pale teen who's eyes were as equally dark as his hair.

I rushed forward moving past my mother and grabbing Heath by the arm, "Bye Mother!"

"Good day Mrs Panne!" Heath waved as we walked away from my house.

My mum waved back before closing the door.

"How are you today?" Heath asked as we walked through the busy streets of town.

"I'm... alright," I replied.

The market was filled with people whom inhabited the town. I could hear many voices as we passed the citizens, and heard the footsteps of many wandering the market.

Heath and I left the market swiftly, passing some old houses, down a small dirt path which led to an old stone bridge. The two of us walked across the bridge, hearing the water babble beneath us. This area was really the most peaceful area you could be in, whilst in our town.

"Where are the girls? Aren't they meant to be meeting us here?" I asked, noticing the absence of two of our friends.

"I dunno, Joanne is the one who set this up. Could be a silly trick to waste our time," Heath suggested.

I spun around at the sound of footsteps on the bridge and saw a familiar blond girl walking towards us, her hair colour making her blue eyes shine with radiance.

"Where's Joanne? She told me it was an emergency! What's going on?" Clara fired questions at us.

"Emergency? She told us to just meet here," Heath spoke.

"Oh there she is!" Clara said, pushing past us and running towards Joanne.

The blond hair of the pale girl approaching us lashed about in the breeze"Quickly! You three follow me!" Joanne ordered, still walking towards us.

"Whoa! Joanne why do you have a sword?" I shouted in surprise.

"Quickly! We're going to be attacked! Arm yourselves. I tried warning the town but no one will listen, I got you three together so I knew you would be okay," Joanne explained, looking around frantically.