23

[Jade POV]
صع بالواهر

jade watched as jayb fixed chimoni hair, combing it softly so she wouldn't cry and then putting it in a little ponytail, smiling.

"you like it?" he said, seeing as chimoni looked in the mirror and smiled.

"yes, but can you do my ewdges?" chimoni asked me.

"it's edges baby, and yes I can." I said, standing up as I walked to the bathroom to grab my edge brush and some edge control.

chimoni could speak good for her to be three, but on some words she would say them with a hard w, or just totally make another word up in her head because she didn't know how to say it at all.

I sat back down as I seen chimoni run over to me, causing me to slowly lift her up and sit her down on my lap, facing her towards me as I begin doing her edges.

"what if she squishing my baby" jayb said, causing me to shake my head as I side-eyed him

"boy she is sitting on my damn lap, she not even touching my belly, our baby is fine." I said, causing him to nod and then look over at me.

"alright, I'm done, go look at them." I said, seeing as chimoni hopped off my lap and ran to the mirror, looking at the edges I had did as a big ole smile came across her face.

"thank you." she said in her little voice, causing me to smile.

"no problem" I said, standing up as I walked in the bathroom to put the stuff back, hearing chimoni say she was hungry.

"cousin jayjay, I'm hungry" she said, calling him by his nickname.

I don't know if chimoni could tell the difference between jayb and jay, but she always called jayb ‘jayjay’ and jay, ‘jj’ I really could never tell the difference, but she could, so I mean.

"what you want to ea—" jayb was cut off as he heard a loud bang outside the door, causing me him to mug.

"who tf- hold on chimoni." he said, putting her down as he made his way out the room and downstairs, opening the door to see a angry naliyah.

"give me my fucking baby back, she don't like you." naliyah said, sounding a bit jealous.

"she actually do like me and she was chilling until you came banging on my fucking door." jayb said as I held on to chimoni, walking downstairs with her

"and then you got that hoe holding my fucking child, bitch your weird." she said as she seen me holding chimoni, causing me to mug.

"I don't wanna go back with her, she...she..." chimoni whispered in my ear, causing me to listen

"she be hitting me, like hard." chimoni said, causing her to lift up her arm as she showed the little bruise that was there.

I nodded as I walked over to jayb, whispering in his ear what chimoni had seen and seeing his face turn from annoyed to angry.

"you not getting shit back, you not finna keep hitting her." he said, causing naliyah face to drop.

"I don't hit her.." she lied, sending chimoni face’s as if she was mad.

"yes you do, you-you be punching me, and then when I cry you tell me to shut up." chimoni said, pointing at naliyah as me and jayb listened.

how could someone abuse a child.

I sighed, seeing as naliyah went quiet because she knew, she had been caught.

"I'm calling the police on you, and you ain't ever getting chimoni back, oh and I'm finna tell the family about yo ass." jayb said, slamming the door in her face as she grabbed his phone and dialed 911, telling them the situation and explaining what chimoni had told them.