.The New Student.

Yanfei pov

I sat at my wooden desk, reading a book.
"Today we are getting a new student!" The teacher announced. She made a hand notion for her to come in.
I didn't even care who it was. I knew that they would have to sit next to me because that's where the only empty desk was. I laid my head down on my desk.
"Yo! I'm Hu Tao. I just moved to liyue harbor from a small territory!" The girl announced.
"Why did you move here?" The teacher asked.
The girl stood still without speaking a word.
"You can go sit over there." The teacher said.
I heard the footsteps getting closer to me.
"Miss Yanfei, see me after class please." The teacher said. I was in shock. I hope it wasn't bad grades. If I kept getting bad grades, I may not be able to withhold my job! They were all I had.
I worked part time as a worker at a fancy restaurant, and I was going to become a lawyer. But I also am a legal advisor. People often seek my legal help. I don't exactly get paid a lot, but I will once I become an actual lawyer. I needed my jobs because my parents had kicked me out after I came out to them as lesbian. Madame ping (my grabdmother) wanted me too stay, but my parents ended up getting the final say. (It rhymes)
So now I had to fend for myself. I have a small apartment near the funeral parlor.
I stared at the girl. She looked familiar. Maybe she was the director at wangsheng funeral parlor and she just walked a long way to liyue harbor to work.
I grabbed my pen and started writing a note to give to her.

"Hi. My name is Yanfei. I have one little question. Are you the director at wangsheng funeral parlor? I'm simply asking because I tend to see a girl who appears the same as you at the funeral parlor often.- yanfei"

It looked good enough. I folded it and slipped it onto her desk. I watched her pick it up and read it. She grabbed a black pen and started writing. I waited impatiently.
She placed the paper on my desk slowly. I noticed her beautiful long black nails. They were very pretty.
I opened the paper up again.

"Yes! I do work there. Thankyou for asking! - Hu Tao"

Her penmanship was nice. I folded it up and slipped it into my backpack. I warmly smiled at the girl. She looked back at me.

"Mr Albedo!!!! Yanfei is flirting with the new student!!!" One of my classmates yelled.

"Yanfei and Hu Tao, go to Mrs. Jeans office right now. Bring your backpacks." Mr Albedo said.

"I'll show you were it is." I told her as we grabbed our things. I threw my backpack over my back and we walked out of the classroom as students laughter faded. We walked down the hall silently.
I opened the door slowly.

"Yanfei. This is the twelfth time this month you've been here. You better explain what happened. And why the new kid is here." Miss Jean said as I entered her office.
I sat down in the faded blue chairs, gesturing hu tao to sit near me.
"Yanfei and I where talking in class." Hu tao said softly.
"It's my fault. I started it." I said.
Miss Jean looked at me.
"Miss Hu Tao, you may go back to your class now. Yanfei, I need to talk to you." Miss Jean said.
"Mr Kaeya will walk you there." She added.
A lump was forming in my throat. I was going to get lectured. I slowly walked up to Miss Jean.
"Yanfei. Your a smart girl. Your grades used to be top tier! You're almost failing every subject now! Why is this happening?!?!" She screeched
I looked at my feet.
"I don't know." I replied dishonesty.
Their was a long period of silence...

"I want you to go home early. I can call your parents to let them kn-'' I stopped her while she was talking.

"Nononono! It's fine!" I said.

I grabbed my backpack and exited the building. I really wish I asked Hu tao for her phone number.

Ugh.
It was just another boring day. But I was also exited because the new year was this weekend. My parents always used to tell me that the got breaks for the new year. I wish I got school breaks!

I was thinking of asking hu tao to come ice skate and see the fireworks with me for New Years.

I'd have to wait for tomorrow.
Sigh.