→prolouge: [zilch]

"How could I feel content when everything I wish to have done hasn't been done yet, Albedo?!" She exclaimed, frustrated tears adorning her cheeks in streams.

"You can work all you want! You can travel all you want! You can do whatever pleases you. . .", The kreideprinz huffed, his gloved hands finding refuge in his ruffled messy ash-blonde locks. He's tired. So damn tired. "But please. . . Please understand that I. . . I love you with all my heart and that I care for you more than anything else, more than my experiments,"

"More than your assistant?" Cascade questioned, although her whisper was barely comprehensible. "You say all those things to my face, yet done many outrageous acts behind my back. I've long lost my trust for you, Alchemist."

"Sucrose has nothing to do with this. Don't involve her, I beg of you." Albedo muttered, his voice strained from his slowly depleting energy. He just wanted to sleep, to rest, but how could he?

How could he find rest when his teal pools saw the very person everyone thought was dead?

How could he find rest when Cascade Ragnvindr is standing right in front of him alive and well?

How could he find rest when he made a foolish decision of marrying his assistant when this girl, this girl whom his heart has been screaming for was present?

He messed up big time. . .