Prologue

"I can't keep doing this shit!" He yelled, as he threw the file onto the counter. The papers spilling out all along the surface. Alice rolled her eyes at his attitude, considering he doesn't deal with anything that is even remotely close to being about her. "Yeah, dad." She uttered.

He placed his hands onto the countertop, gripping the edges so tightly his knuckles were white. He released a deep sigh, "I never thought it'd actually come to this." "Come to what?" She asked. "Read the file." He instructed. "Why?" "Just do it, Alice." He began to massage the sides of his temple. She eyed her dad, then the file, then her dad again. She was contemplating whether or not to open it, but decided what's the worst that can happen.

She grabbed the file, along with the scattered papers around it, and had them all in hand. She quickly began reading through them, until something caught her attention. "What the hell is this?" She questioned, holding up the paper. "New living agreements." He answered.

Confusion, betrayal, hurt, and anger soon flushed her at once. "W-what does this mean?" She questioned. It was blatantly obvious as to what it meant, she just wasn't sure if she was going insane or if this was actually happening. "It means you're moving to Reseda," He looked her in her eyes, "I'm sending you with your mom."