|1|

dont make me leave, please mom

you cant just rely on me forever she soothingly said, patting her sons head. renjuns head was buried into his moms arms, he was almost as tall as her but renjun was still an emotional boy and he knew it. 

but... but-❞

❝now come on renjun, youre going to miss your train at the rate❞ she smiled softly, pulling out her sons face that was buried in her embrace.

❝promise youll be here when i come back?❞ renjun pulled out from her arms as she helped him put on his jacket. 

ofcourse, and renjun please have some fun and make some friends. I would be thrilled if you came back home with somebody

❝what the heck mom, thats weird!❞

his mom gave a heartwarming small smile,❝oh look my big baby already leaving me

yeah cause i dont have a choice❞ renjun said back, a hint of sass in his voice.

renjun grabbed his suitcase, took one last glance into the house. ❝you better not change my room mom

just go❞ she laughed, pushing him off the door steps.

I love you mom, stay safe!❞

renjun didnt find it weird to say that he loves his mom even though other people his age would never say so. but renjun never had anyone else to say it to, so it wasnt really cringy for him. he never had a dad to say it to, nor a sibling, nor a best friend... nor a soulmate. 

🧁

so renjun was on his way to another part of the country. but to him, it was like a new country, a new world, a new life. after his dad had left him and his mom nothing crossed his mind except to never leave his mom alone again. and thats what happened until today.

today where he would go to his new boarding school, spend 4 years there, make new friends and memories and come back as a new person.

what if he's super cool, and he can help me fall asleep or something. ohmygod and what if we can be roommates too? we can do best friend things the entire day together.

renjuns eyes glistened just imagining it in his head because even though his mom expected so much from this adventure, he only wanted one thing. a friend or maybe something even more.

he would be super cool and he would know all the cool things about school, we could like hang out together in a secret place and we would share secrets and cry together.

renjun stopped to think more

and he could text me during class when we were bored and make each laugh during class when we're not supposed to.

 but the best thing would be if he could stay up with me when i cant fall asleep so i wouldnt have to feel guilty about anything.