Prologue

(A/N) This beautiful girl is Miranda on the picture.

The mulch underneath Miranda's feet cut into her skin, but she did not care because she had to get away.

He/She was running behind her. She could here the footsteps getting close to her. Her legs ached as she ran up the steep hill. All there was is fear running through her mind, no where else to go.

Miranda, was all the killer said as she was running, she was scared. she couldn't find a away out to save her life. All she did was follow a light, hoping that the light would take her home to her family. She wanted to go away, she wanted to not killed by this killer.

While she was running, all she could remember is how just yesterday she was celebrating her 18th birthday. How her friend Meghan planned this big birthday bash for her. How everyone from her school, and people she didn't even know came.

Somebody from that party had to be her kidnapper. She is certain that her conclusion was right, but who would want to kill her. She honestly wanted to know why someone wanted to kill her.

As she was running, she felt herself getting tired. She slowed down her pace, she wanted to catch her breathe. Miranda, is what she heard once again, which gave her enough energy to run.

She needed to get home, she wanted to get home. She needed to get out to be safe. She didn't want to die yet, she wanted to live and have a good life. Life was coming down to her, she was very afraid.

Miranda was getting ready to look back, and she fell. She looked down and saw a scraped knee. She looked back up and saw a shadow approaching her, she suddenly ignored her scraped knee. Miranda, Miranda was scared, she thought she was going to die.

She looked at the figure in agony, she started to shake a little when she realized how cold it was. The figure approached her again, "please don't kill me." was all that Miranda could say.

She covered her face, so she wouldn't have to meet eye to eye with her killer. She trembled in fear at the sudden footsteps coming closer. She felt something near her, like a person's hand.

Then she felt something sharp on her neck, this was it. she suddenly and slowly became limp and she lost her hearing. She felt the sharp object slowly fading away, as she knew it was the end.

She felt nothing, she felt lifeless. it was like she was still and quiet for a couple of moments. Then BAM!

Miranda shot up sitting, with her breath going in a fast pace. Cold sweat beating down her face, and her hair as more damped than before. She looked to her left, and saw her Panic! at the Disco poster. It must had been a bad dream, she thought to herself.

She looked to her right, and saw her mom. The woman stood there shock with her heart clutching. "Hunny are you alright," her mom asked. "Yes mom I am, what did I tell you about waking me up."

Her mom sighed, "I know I shouldn't, but it's important." Miranda raised her eyebrow, "what is important." Her mom sighed once more as she grabbed Miranada's hand. "It's about your uncle," "uncle Albert?"

Her mom nodded slowly, "I don't know how to say this..." Miranda stared at her mom, "say it." "Umm you Uncle Albert, he died last night," Miranda let go of her mom's hand. "You're lying," "I wish I was, but I'm not, he was murdered." Miranda felt tears coming down her face, "how?"

"They said it was brutal, he was tortured by his killer-" "his killer tortured him." "Yeah...Then they stabbed him in the heart, making a weird shape on his chest," Miranda sat there scared. "W-what shape was it?" "A star of David," Miranda wiped off her tears.