Never going back

"It was the most frightening week of my life"

People in your life come and go and that's what I experienced on the freezing cold night of December 26th. It all started after my birthday celebration in the orphanage. The party was not much, we had a piece of stale 2 day old strawberry cake, and the others sang happy birthday not so enthusiastically. We gloomily walked to our minute bedroom that 17 orphans share, including me. To my surprise the window was wide open making the windchill become into effect even inside. It was then at approximately 10:30 p.m. I was half-asleep when I felt a tug on my shoulder. I thought it is just from a person in my room, and I mumbled "go back to bed!" I saw two large men dressed in all black. They put a dirty rag over my mouth which cut my chapped lips and caused them to bleed uncontrollably. I felt a stabbing pain in my head and everything went black. In a matter of seconds I was unconscious.

I awaken in a forest, blood gushed from my bruised head. I thought that I was alone and forgotten. I tried to think positively, about  my dreams and wishes. For once I was actually pleased with a bad situation, until I heard them. As I got up and tried to hide, my bruised head hurted to much, and I was forced to stop. "Found her!" is all, my scared ears heard , while I rush to the nearest tree. The clock was ticking and they were right behind me. All I thought of was, that I was going to perish young on that very cold night.

"I GOT HER" is what one of the men yelled when they grabbed me by my golden ponytail. They dragged me so hard that my head felt a burning sensation, and it was like a fire that can't be extinguished. They dragged me to the half-frozen, turquoise lake. "She has no use, put her in the lake!" said the taller man. IN THE LAKE, i thought to myself and at that time my head hurt so much, that I didin't even know I had a head anymore. The world was a blur and everything was spinning in slow motion. As the two men beat me up, they took me by the waist and threw me into the freezing cold water. My fingers and toes were more purple than a plumb. At that time I knew if I did not get out, I would be given the death penalty.