CH:07

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 🎤 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

TA Sidewalk Café
11:34am

"What do you mean you like him? You've never even spoken to him," Jeongin teased, nibbling on the straw leading to the almost empty bottom of the cup that held his iced coffee. "I don't understand your judgment sometimes, honestly. He literally lives next door to you, so why not just say hello? Send over some cookies or something."

"Jeongin I just moved in... he'll think I'm a creep or... some serial killer," Hyunjin sighed, tucking a few loose strands to the back of his ear. "And, to make things worse, he's practically obsessed with 3racha. And I know because he blasts their music at all hours... it's irritating sometimes- all the time."

Almost choking on the watery sips of the remainder of his drink, Jeongin rested a hand over his mouth, eyebrows lifting with the shaking of his head before his verbal response. "Well that one's a no-no," he slurped at the empty cup again, swearing when the plastic only echoed while trying to send up whatever droplets of the iced coffee were left. "That one- he's gone already. You better set your eyes on someone else quick."

"I think- I think I'll talk to him," Hyunjin exhaled loudly as he spoke, chewing anxiously against his lower lip while his eyes remained focused to one point on the shared table. "Next time we walk by each other or something... I'll say hello... get to know his name... become friends, at least."

"You're literally going against everything that I say," Jeongin chuckled, leaning his arms further down the glass surface. "When I said to talk to him, you didn't want to. And now I'm advising you not to, you want to. Maybe I should tell you to talk to him again."

Glancing around at the unfamiliar faces seated at various tables in groups and singles, Hyunjin thinned an awkward smile, eyes idly trailing up to the red umbrella shielding them from the scorching mid-morning sun before looking down at his thighs. "I came to Seoul for a new life, Innie. And you're the only friend I have here. I see no issue in befriending one neighbor whether I like him or not- I'm not chasing love anyways. It would just be really fortunate if, you know, he is into guys."

"Just be careful," Jeongin nodded with his words, running his tongue over his top lip. "You don't wanna come off too strong and make him uncomfortable. And talk to me before making any big decisions please?"

Smiling softly, Hyunjin locked eyes with the younger again, plump lips exposing the defined curves of his front teeth. "I'll be careful, Innie. And of course, I'll keep you updated."

-

N/S Corner Store
10:55pm