James the orphan

"Let's put you in a crib, James.'' This was my new life. An orphanage. When my mom gave birth to me there were some compilations that caused her to pass away. I was lucky and survived but was paralyzed from the neck down permanently. When my mom passed away it was just the nurses and me, because my dad died in a car crash 2 weeks before I was born. I had to stay in the hospital for 2 weeks to make sure I was healthy, then I got moved to an orphanage. According to my caretaker Mrs. Smith, I had a pink crib with purple polka dots. When I was a year and a half when I wasn't talking I was taken to the doctor and found out I had Asperger's. What that means is it's high functioning autism. I ended up not talking until I was 4 . 2 years later I went to school for special needs, but after 2 weeks they noticed that I was really smart. I already knew the alphabet, and could count to 10. I ended up getting transferred to a different school with kids who were "normal" . They thought about putting me in the special ed program but decided not to because they knew I was really smart. At the end of the year I was in 3rd grade. I caught on fast, and did well on my assignments, quizzes, and tests. I ended up graduating from elementary school when I was 7. By 9 I graduated high school not in the top 10% nor top 5% I was valedictorian. When I gave my speech I was so happy I could cry. They ended up having to grab a stool for me because I was short since I was so young. My caretaker Mrs. Smith and all the kids at my orphanage came that day and they were so proud of me. When I got back to the orphanage I knew my next steps. I was already accepted to Harvard which is the hardest college to get into, with a 5% acceptance rate. I went to college at 10 and graduated with a M.D by 14. I did my residency and by 18 I was working as a pediatrician. In my free time I worked part time at my old orphanage. Then one day at my home after a long shift, I saw an 18 wheeler heading that was probably going 80 mph or more heading towards me, I couldn't go into another lane in time. Then it went dark.