Grand Dream

Monotony; it inspires the weak and creates adventure. For most guys Ignacio or better known to his friends as Iggy monotony was a daily routine. On an average day he would go to class, lunch, nap, homework, and dinner. He often dreamed of grand adventures most often with his fiancé and friends. He longed for the thrill of adventure and the sense of romance that he could kindle with his love under the skies of a new exciting world. He usually kept ideas for this world in a spiral bound book and it usually was stashed in the dresser drawer. Today Iggy was going to the school library to go to the back stacks and “study” or what most people called napping. He napped in the library so nobody would text him or call him. Today however would be the day he received a call of many sorts. Like normal he went to the back of the library and set up his backpack on the floor and grabbed a book on drawing and walked back to his backpack and laid on the floor resting his head on his bag. As he lay on the floor on the edge of sleep he heard a soft laugh and he felt watched. He bolted up and looked around. Now he heard nothing, had he imagined it? He shook his head and mutter to himself. He lay back down and again as he neared sleep he heard the laugh again. He laid still and barely cracked his eyes open hoping to see the cause of the noise. He seen a flash and heard the laughing, his heart raced in anticipation of what his sly mind thought of next.

“Oh bother, these Humans are so lazy. How have they not died yet?” the voice sounded sweet and melodic

Iggy’s mind charged at his plan, he bolted up and grabbed the disembodied voice. In a puff of smoke he was holding a book a very plain book. He grimaced that he had been delusional and grabbed a book. He leafed through the pages and seen that it was blank with the exception of a block cut picture of a sleeping man. He rolled his eyes and as he was about to throw the book in anger he cut his thumb on the edge of the pages. For a short second his heart pounded as he thought this book would be like some sort of tome that would make him the savior to a world unkown. However no such thing happened his thumb bled and the edge of the page was dotted with blood.

“Stupid book! I wake up to voices and I grab a book! Not even a magic book! I grab a blank book! What a drag I wasted my nap time looking at a flippin book!” Iggy started to throw the book once again when he decided to just put the book on the shelf.

Iggy grabbed his bag and walked out of the library in frustration. He sighed wishing that all his hopes and dreams had been true.