Yun hi nahi tujh pe dil ye fida hai... sabse tu alheda sabse juda hai

Title is the song 'Dil mera chahe' from movie 'Kalank'

The long flight came to an end as the aircraft started to descend over New York city. Since it was late evening, the city glittered with well lit skyscrapers and bright roads, which looked like streams of light dividing the city into neat sections.

Ayush frowned as he looked down the window, "Yeh toh same lights hain. Hum wapas Delhi aa gaye kya?"

Naina held his shoulders, leaning to point out tall structures to him, "Delhi nahi hai New York hai. Dekh, kitni saari buildings aur lights hain. Stars jaisa lag raha hai na."

His face broke into a grin, "Yeh Preeti maasi ka America hai?"

Naina nodded with a chuckle, "Aur kya, teri Preeti maasi ka hi America hai. Usse sab jaante hain yahan."

Sameer laughed, "Sab nahi toh aadha sheher toh jaanta hi hoga, I'm sure."

It took them a long time to get through immigration and collect their baggage. Sameer suggested that they have something at the airport itself, before taking another half an hour ride to the hotel. After a dinner of burgers and fries, when they hit the road, they could see the city in its actual glory.

With glimmering streets, sparkling restaurants and illuminated shops all along, it appeared to be in a celebration. If roads and sidewalks were wide and spacious, buildings were astonishingly tall and eye catching. Fast zipping cars looked like a part of some video game. They did not find the journey too long, soaking in the essence of a new place, which was nothing like any other they had ever been to.

Hotel was another grand looking structure, with flags of USA displayed on both sides of its huge entrance. After finishing the registration formalities, the manager called out to a helper, asking him to escort them to their suite, which was on thirtieth floor. The lift however took just a few seconds, lesser than the time their office lift needed to take them to fourteenth floor. They stepped out into a luxurious open area, which was unlike narrow hotel corridors. On one side was what appeared to be café, with very limited seating, and a few doors visible at quite a distance from each other.

The smartly dressed porter waved at one of the doors with a smile, "This way sir."

He explained that few floors had luxury suites only for families... where children accompanied parents, this being one of them. It had only two suites, the other one being occupied by a family from Singapore. There was a separate entertainment area for kids staying on the floor, along with a café that was open round the clock. The café was exclusively for the guests of that particular floor, catering mainly to the children.

"We don't want our little guests to go without their energy doses and sugar rush." The porter smiled at Ayush.

The suite itself was an exquisite contemporary apartment look alike. It had a sitting room, with a couch, two easy chairs and a dining table. The passage from hall led to two bedrooms.

Ayush was thrilled to see the bright colourful room, which incidentally had stars painted on the ceiling. He jumped on the bed, loving the excessively thick mattress.

Naina held him when he fell on his knees, "Sambhal ke Ayush, abhi chot lag jaati na."

"Nahi mumma," he grinned, standing up immediately, "Main gira thodi hun, maine toh khud hi sitting wala jump kiya hai."

Sameer smiled, "Mera beta champion hai. Aise kaise gir jayega."

Ayush gave him a hi five, hunching his shoulders at Naina. She pinched his cheek, "Tu badmash banta jaa raha hai."

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें