Ch. 29:ᴘᴀʀᴛɪɴɢ

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ :: 𝗅𝖺𝗇𝗀𝗎𝖺𝗀𝖾, 𝖺𝗇𝗀𝗌𝗍

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Jungkook came to you in the middle of the night, knocking softly on your door. It woke you from an anxious sleep; Yoongi had come in and kissed you goodnight earlier, but when you'd tried to speak to him about the assassin, he'd simply said you'd talk tomorrow. The Boss was busy, you understood. But you still felt uneasy about everything that had transpired, despite the obvious forgiveness -- permission? -- from Suga. So when you cracked open your door and saw who it was, you were hesitant to let him in for a breath or two.

"Hey, Lucky." It only took that second of hesitation for the assassin to snick the toe of his boot into the crack of your door, sliding his leg in to fully open it. He stepped in and closed the door quietly behind him, and for the very first time, you weren't able to read the young man's expression. "We need to talk for a bit."

"Alright." You swallowed and nodded, motioning him to follow you as you shuffled over to the couch in the sitting area and fell sleepily into it. Jungkook sat down heavily next to you, turning to face you. Something flashed in his eyes -- grief, regret, want, sadness? -- there and gone, faster than you could place the emotion. Echoing the events of yesterday, his thigh pressed against your own, warm in the cool chill of the night coming in from your cracked window.

You could feel the heaviness radiating off of Jungkook. Far from his usual, happy, cheery demeanor, he was solemn. Quiet. Subdued. Dressed all in black, in his work clothes. You flicked a glance down to his waist. Twin holsters rested on his hips, a sheathe holding a KABAR Knife. Gloves. Duct tape. Another blade. You looked up to meet his eyes, and the assassin nodded, swallowing hard, Adam's apple bobbing in the dim light.

 You looked up to meet his eyes, and the assassin nodded, swallowing hard, Adam's apple bobbing in the dim light

"There are some...things I have to do for the Family, Lucky," he began, dark eyes heavy as they met and held your gaze. "Some things that are going to be really, really bad when you hear about them. They're direct orders from Boss, but I don't feel good about it. The only thing I asked for in return was to be able to come here to you. Tonight. To tell you. I guess." 

His words stuttered off to a stop. That really was not like him; usually Jungkook was as quick and eloquent with his words as he was with his bunny smile. You nodded and let him go on. "You're gunna have to see some stuff. Hear some stuff about me that's not going to be good. I just...need you to remember who I am, okay?" He breathed out and tucked his chin, bumping his forehead against your own.

"Kookie," you muttered, pushing him back. He was scaring you. "What are you talking about? Stop being so vague, just tell me so I'll know what's going on."