Do you believe in ghosts?

Hello all readers and writers. This is just a short story which I found in my PC. It's a pretty old one. Probably that time, I might be in eight grade or something. But, I just thought if I could share it with all you guys JUST FOR FUN.

WARNING: It's been written few years back by me. So, if it has some major grammatical mistakes don't judge it. :)

_________________________________

DO YOU BELIEVE IN GHOSTS?

             That day actually was not so conducive for Martha. It was the Monday morning when mom shouted, “Martha! Get up love, its school time.” Previous day was a complete chill out day for her as she had been reading horror books the whole day. Martha replied mom in a disturbed voice, “Mom? Shall I skip the school today? I guess, I am running low.” And she gave a look outside the window and saw something spooky. Being winter days, it was drizzling rain of ice cold water. She saw girl crying on the lawn of the neighborhood house. She thought there was no one living in the neighborhood house. She thought then what was that little girl doing there.

             Martha still in her nightdress, took her winter coat and went near the girl. Mom had no idea of Martha’s behavior but was infuriated as she was getting late for her school.  Going to the little girl she asked her, “Hey?! You are getting wet. Can’t you see it’s raining? The girl still crying, said, “I’ve lost my way….I was  searching for my paa…”. “Ohh…! Sweetie…..first stop  crying and get in my house. After that we shall go to the town sheriff, who’ll help you to find your dad….”. Martha consoled her and asked her what her name was. The little girl replied, “Elizabeth….but you can just call me Beth as my paa used to….”. She started crying more loudly. Martha brought Beth in the house and recited mom Beth’s dreadful story. Mom then understood the scenario and assured Beth that she would herself go the town sheriff and ask him to find her dad. Martha had already missed her school but mom didn’t say anything to her and asked her to give Beth some warm clothes as she was shivering with cold.

             So, Martha took Beth to her room and gave her a pink sweater which was always close to her heart. It suddenly started thundering and by that time it had started raining cats and dogs. Martha was a bit frightened as the sun had almost disappeared and it had become a dark and fearful atmosphere.  But Martha could  clearly see  Beth giving an evilly look to the darkness that was spread as if she liked it. She just ignored it and asked her where she lived. But again she gave a strange answer that she lived on the other side of the hills. But according to Martha there were thick woods on the other side of the hills. She thought, Beth being very much disturbed acted weird. Mom entered her bedroom and gave Beth as well as Martha a cup of hot chocolate. With a worried look, mom said Beth that she was going to the sheriff to inform him about her dad’s absence. But Martha interrupted and asked, “How can you go out in such werewolf rains?”. Mom replied, “Don’t worry honey…….I am taking the car and shall return as soon as possible.” Giving assurance, mom left the house. And now it was only Martha and Beth at home. Both of them enjoyed a sip of hot chocolate together. Then Martha said Beth, “I want to take a shower. Why can’t you go downstairs and on the TV. Till then I’ll take a quick shower.” Beth without responding, hurried downstairs. Martha was confused and scared but chose to take a shower instead of following Beth. After being freshen up when Martha went in the living room she was shocked to see Beth messing up with the kitchen cutlery.

             She ran towards Beth and tried to stop her but Beth overpowered her with her aggression. Martha screamed loudly, “Beth!!!!!” Suddenly, Beth became normal and resumed crying which was the weirdest and scariest behavior Martha had ever experienced till her teen life. Martha, in a turmoil, still hugged Beth and tried to make her stop crying. And said, “Calm down Beth!........everything’s fine…” She made Beth sit on the couch and went into the kitchen to clean the cutlery mess. As she went, got a putrid smell and saw a dead mouse, recently killed with a sharp thing. Martha then realized that it was Beth, who killed it. When she again returned in the living room she saw that Beth was not on the couch. And over that the worst thing happen was the current went off. She also realized that a knife was missing. The telephone started ringing but Martha could hardly see anything as there was a complete black out. Moreover she could hear Beth crying and laughing monstrously at the same time. And it was the moment when she came to know that Beth wasn’t a normal kid. The phone continued ringing but Martha was not able to fetch it. Suddenly the table lamp was set on and in the pale light of the small lamp, Martha was horrified to see Beth with the knife floating in the dark room. The scariest picture Martha had ever seen was  Beth giving a devilish look to her as blood continued to drop out of Beth’s mouth. She experienced the birth of deadly evil in Beth. Beth was coming closer to Martha. It was that time when Martha gave a cackling scream and fell on the ground unconsciously when dripping blood fell on her face. A dangerous silence spread all over the room.

             “Martha! Martha!!....get up honey. Can you hear me?!”, mom said while sprinkling drops of warm water on Martha’s face. Still scared, she slowly opened her bluish eyes and tightly hugged mom as if she felt something scary was going to happen. “Sweetie…..stop crying. Everything’s alright now.”, mom wiping Martha’s tears said. “Mom what had happened to me?!”, Martha exclaimed. Mom explained her the fact as told to her by the sheriff that the girl named Elizabeth had been murdered by her father long back ago. And that her father was convicted and declared a guilty killer of his daughter. Mom said, “The unfortunate thing was, the psychotic father and his daughter lived in the same house of the neighborhood which was closed for years after Elizabeth Crawford’s blood-bathed dead body was found there.” Martha in curiosity and fear, asked mom, “ But then mom…..how was I able to see Beth….was that her ghost?” mom in a spooky tone, said that indeed it was her ghost. She had heard people saying that they often saw a girl roaming in the lawn of that haunted house. Martha horrifically became as cold as an ice. Mom touched her and was taken aback by the coldness she felt. Martha in complete sweat started walking towards the attic with a deadly speed.

             Mom exclaimed, “Wait! Martha!! Where are you hurrying?” Martha gave a stern look and a devil smile to her mom and started hurting herself with the knife and allowed the blood flow from her wrist nerves. Mom hurried behind her. When mom went in the attic and peeped outside the open window, she almost missed one of her heartbeat. She saw Martha’s body lying on the footpath in front of their house which was drowning in blood. Martha had suicided. A strange and terrifying silence spread all over the attic.

             Martha’s mom was no more in her senses and due to shock, she was soon taken to a mental asylum. Later during the investigation of Martha’s weird death, the police came to know from a local exorcist that Beth’s devil was inside Martha’s body who provoked her to jump from the window……as Beth’s ghost believed in taking away innocent lives, just as her dad did to her. And she may return once again……

 _____________________________

Author’s Note:

“All houses are haunted. All people are creepy. Throngs of spirits follow us everywhere…. So better check out if someone’s beside you without your knowledge.”

Haha. :D Well, that was just a saying. Nothing serious!! Trust me. So, here it is, a short spooky story by me. Hope you guys at least find it minutely horrific. I know, it’s just a little abrupt, but that’s okay. It’s just for fun reading.

If at all you believe that the story is worth-voting than please VOTE! J

Okay, so here’s a question: Does anybody of you believe in ghosts? If yes, have you experienced any paranormal thing happening in front of you? If yes, I would like to hear it; so comment. ;)

-Kat <3