Prologue

400 BC - India

"Druig?"
"Yes, my love?"
"Do you think we have time to do everything we've ever dreamed?"
"We have till the end of time."

Druig woke with a start like a strike of electricity struck him and ran straight to his heart. It was quite warm in his quarters and he often woke with sweat beading on his forehead but this was different. This dream caused the same reaction every time he woke up. The dreams were never the same, different locations and different times, but the voice was always the same. The girl was always the same.

Druig had no idea who this girl was or why he kept seeing her when he closed his eyes. He felt in his gut that she was important somehow, definitely felt like she was important to him, and he needed to figure out why but he didn't know where to start. This was the process his thoughts went through after every dream; rapid curiosity before the defeated feeling took over and he resolved to drawing her once again. He could cover the walls of his room with the pictures he's drawn of this mystery girl.

The dreams started when they arrived in Mesopotamia; just quick glimpses of her features here and there for a while until the pieces to the puzzle started to be put together and he could see her face. He'd started drawing her when the dreams became a reoccurring thing. In Babylon is where he started getting big pictures, sometimes like he was on the outside of his own body and watching everything unfold before his eyes.

He was actually smiling with her, not just smirks and eyes full on condescension. These moments he'd just be watching, he could tell the two of them were moving through a different time which made him doubt any of these dreams were more than just his figments of imagination. How could he have been with this girl, have "memories" with her, when nothing around them had happened yet? Maybe he was seeing his future. That idea had crossed his mind but even with everything he knows is possible, he still thought that was far-fetched.

Before Ikaris and Sersi's wedding, the girl had still been on Druig's mind and the others could tell his mind was far away just from the look in his eyes. No one had the sense to approach Druig about what was on his mind except for one person.

Druig was off in his mind once more, sitting off to the side as he gaze out at the Babylonian sky when a gust of wind breezed past him. A smirk was on his face as he knew exactly who had joined him. He turned to face the new company, "The beautiful Makkari," He signed to her, "To what do I owe this pleasure?"

The usual bright smile the speedster possessed had softened to a gentle smile, one that was easily recognized as trying to mask over the obvious look of concern. Before he could say anything, Makkari was already one step ahead of him, "Something's on your mind." She signed, "We all see it."

Druig took a glance around and could see the truth in her words. His fellow Eternals were trying not to look it but they were all clearly concerned about him and he could also tell they were trying not to look like they were watching to see how the conversation was going. He rolled his eyes as he turned back to his friend, "You're all very nosy."
She playfully glared at him and shook her head, "Not nosy, worried." She signed before placing her hand over his.

He knew she didn't have to tell him how concerned they all were, he could see it clearly in their minds. How was he supposed to tell them what he'd been seeing in his dreams? Would they even believe them? What if they thought he was experiencing Mahd Wy'ry? Druig pushed the idea of telling them out of his mind; if things got worse, if he couldn't move forward with the mission because of these dreams, then he would say something. Nothing sooner, nothing later.
Druig smiled softly at Makkari and shook his head at her, "Don't worry, everything is fine."
The genuine look in his eyes seemed to satisfy Makkari's worries for the time being and with her appearing at ease, the rest of the Eternals also felt at ease. She got up from her seat before informing him that the ceremony would start soon.