I Should Have Known You Were Trouble

I Knew You Were Trouble When You Walked In.

Long black hair.

Piercing grey eyes.

Sexy smirk.

That's what he looked like. The devil himself.

When I first saw him, he was wearing a tight tank-top and loose fitting jeans.

💀

He had a pierced lip and a single earring in his left ear.

He had just walked into the coffee shop where me and my friends decided to come too.

I could tell by his look that he would be a bad boy, but that didn't stop me from looking.

Then he looked up and met my eye. We starred at each other until he broke into a smirk. I looked away.

When me and my friends got up to leave, I hung back, hoping he would come talk to me. He did.

His name was Blade and he just moved here with his brother.

While we talked, he pulled out a cigarette. After he light it, he offered it to me. I told him I didn't smoke, it was bad for you.

He laughed, then told me that it was a shame I didn't smoke, because I would look really hot doing it.

So before thinking, I reached over, grabbed it from his hand and took a swing. It was horrible, but I didn't show it.

When I gave it back, he smiled at me, a smile that said he liked me.

That was the first time I smoked.

The next time we hung out, it was alcohol. It burned my throat, but I didn't show it. Blade smiled again.

The next time after that, it was drugs.

Meth

Weed

Ecstasy

And more that I didn't catch the name of. I did it to show him I could be like him. He smiled every time I did.

Soon, my attitude changed.

My friends left me.

My grades dropped.

My parents got a divorce.

I tried to kill myself.

I almost beat a kid to death.

I was in love with Blade, or at least that's what I told myself. Maybe I was in love with the idea of love or maybe I truly felt like he loved me.

Or I could just be strung out on drugs and alcohol.

And every time I did something bad, Blade sat back, pulled out a cigarette, and smiled.

It wasn't long before he cheated on me.

It started just quick glances between him and her.

Then it was small touches.

Soon it was walking off with it each to go talk about stuff.

Then the party came. The worst night of my life.

I went with Blade as usually.

As soon as we got there, he handed me a weird blue drink and a small pill.

I took then instantly, not caring what they were, and he smiled when I did. Then he walked away, I didn't want to feel like I needed him, so I went to the dance floor.

After a while, the drugs and the drink took effect. My whole body hummed with energy, I danced, I punched someone, I threw up and then I repeated.

When the party was in full-swing, I went to the bathroom to piss, and there they were.

Blade and the other girl. Both of their shirts were off and they had both their tongues in each others mouth.

I was shocked, but before I could say anything, Blade turned to me. His eyes blood-red, and his lips swollen.

He told me he was only doing this because I never gave him anything back. He said he had needs and they needed to be settled.

I was confused at first, I thought I was a good girlfriend, then I got it. Sex. Every time he tried to get me to do it, I refused.

I didn't want to do it, but I looked at the girl, who was trying to get him to kiss her again. Then I nodded and told him, I would do it. He smiled and came toward me.

And we did it, and I cried.

When I woke up, I cried again.

He wasn't there.

When I called him, he told me we were over and that it had been nice.

I cried.

And once I did stop crying, I numbed up.

I didn't talk to anyone.

If someone commented about me, I'd beat them up to the point where they could barely breathe.

2 weeks later, I found out I was pregnant.

That's when I got my life together.