o n e - how come we've never met?

"Wakey wakey!" JJ walked into my room and shouted. Throwing a pillow at him, I got up and got dressed. It was six in the morning and a school day, thankfully it was Friday though. I put on an orange tube top with matching orange pants that had a cute pattern on them.

Once I was done brushing my teeth and grabbing breakfast from the fridge

Once I was done brushing my teeth and grabbing breakfast from the fridge. I grabbed my backpack and got in the car to drive to school. I was absolutely dreading going to school today. Principal Swan switched my second and fourth period classes. I originally had cooking for my fourth period with Sarah and Kie but now I have art and god only knows who's in that class, probably a bunch of Kooks. I didn't have a problem with all Kooks, some of them were nice but definitely not all of them.

It was already 12:45. Only two more hours and 3 classes until the school day is over. Second period wasn't bad, I knew most of the people in there and the teacher was really nice. But now, it was fourth period. I wasn't nervous about being in a new class, I was worried that none of my friends would be in it.

I walked in and it was my teacher from art in 8th grade year. I felt so much better now because she loved me. I turned to my left and saw JJ and John B in the class. This was all a huge relief.

"Y/N!" she yelled.

"Hi, Mrs. Williams. It's really good to see you." I said with a smile.

"Please tell me you got switched into my fourth period class for this year. And I told you to call me Kelly." she said while hugging me.

"Well I got very lucky. I was nervous when Principal Swan switched my classes but this just made the school year better by being in my favorite teachers class." I explained to her in an excited tone that was clearly fake, but she didn't notice that.

It wasn't that I didn't like her because I did, she was honestly really nice. But she would pick and choose who she liked, and I got lucky with that. She liked me so much that she made me captain of the 8th grade cheer team in middle school, and she's done the same for every cheer season leading up to now.

"Wait, can I call you Kelly?" JJ asked fiddling a pencil in his mouth.

"No, Mr. Maybank." she stated and rolled her eyes. "Sit wherever you want Y/N. Maybe you could sit in the middle of JJ and Rafe so they can stop giving each other those nasty looks."

I sat in between Rafe and JJ, turning to JJ so I didn't have to face Rafe Cameron. It wasn't that I hated Rafe or had a problem with him, he just looked stuck up. Don't get me wrong though, he's drop-dead gorgeous.

John B came up to our table, "Y/N and JJ, we're going fishing after school so cancel whatever plans you have." me and JJ both nodded our heads. I liked fishing but I'd rather surf or just hangout on the boat. John B took it a little too serious for it to be fun and we would fight most of the time which made no one wanna go.

I turned and looked at Rafe, he was facing forward talking to his friend about golf or something. His hair was perfect, it was even the perfect color. It looked like the color of the coffee I would make in the morning after putting in creamer and sugar. His eyes were icy-blue and looked like they were able to smile. I looked at his lips and they were the perfect tint of a pink paradise following with the perfect shape. I watched as his lips moved forming words and how his dimples would appear when he started to smile or laugh.