Unforgettable love

I hope that big red blood cell comes back. I have to thank him for earlier...

With shiny eyes, a girl with her hair in a small bun was looking at the entrance of the place where she worked every day.
The temple that stood behind her shone with a strong light that seemed to have chased away the gloomy clouds that had always shrouded that majestic building. In front of her, her companions - the Glomeruli - were grabbing the last baskets full of glucose that some red blood cells had brought there, while they were talking about the future that awaited them: they would resume their daily work, that of cleaning up the cells, no longer worrying about disposing of excess glucose; the rain of insulin had fallen from the sky like a blessing, to save everyone from a disastrous ending that was plunging into their lives.
Everything was going to be just as well, as she had hoped... as they had both hoped.
Both she and her companions - as well as him and the rest of the cells - would be back to life as usual, but with a little change: if it was true that the insulin was coming from outside, it was highly possible that that body in which they were working had begun to realize the mistakes it had made and, perhaps, had begun to change its lifestyle.
If that's indeed the case... it would be a dream that comes true... finally!
The girl smiled and returned to the doorway, waiting for the first red blood cells that were finally free from those damned baskets that had been causing more trouble than relief in the last few days.
«Welcome, please come this way. Let's get the waste off of you, and get you clean!»

About a week had passed since the day she had met that red blood cell. She didn't know anything about him, not even his name, but from the first moment she knew she could trust that young cell and his words.
«Don't worry, I'm not that delicate. I'll do this gladly to lighten your load even a little bit»
If it was true that muscular strength also reflected physical resistance, perhaps that red blood cell was right. From a physical point of view, that nice erythrocyte didn't look weak at all, quite the contrary: tall and strong, he had been able to support her when she was about to fall to the ground; any other cell, in his place, would probably have fallen with her.
Each day the desire to thank him grew stronger in her. That «Thank you...» that she had addressed to him had never seemed enough, on the contrary. Certainly collapsing on his chest out of exhaustion hadn't been the best way to thank him: she needed to raise her gaze, look him in the eye and tell him everything she felt inside.
She had to do it on behalf of everyone, because thanks to the idea he had, their weight had become lighter. And she had to do it especially for herself, because he was the one who had eaten all the glucose she had received, totally scornful of the great danger he was facing.
If the red blood cells had continued to leave that excessive amount of glucose in the kidneys, the kidneys would have collapsed; if the erythrocytes, on the other hand, had absorbed it excessively, they would have turned to ash.
Either way, there was going to be a huge sacrifice...and she, of all people, didn't want any more sacrifices to happen in that work environment. Luckily, taking insulin had improved the overall situation, so that «Thank you» she wanted to say, almost screaming out loud would have meant something different.
Thank you for not giving up. And thank you for still being alive.
But several hours, days, had passed, and she had begun to worry. Every day, thousands and thousands of red blood cells passed through the kidneys. It was true that the chances of meeting that very red blood cell again weren't high, but she was sure: sooner or later, the two of them would meet again.
But... when?
At that moment the girl gave a deep sigh. After cleaning up the last red blood cell she put the shower head in its place and returned to the entrance, where she began to welcome the other workers who needed to be relieved from the hardships of their daily work.
Sooner or later he'll come back here... I'm sure...
With a smile, she observed one by one the red blood cells that were arriving at that place. Suddenly her eyes opened wide: among the thousands of cells who were approaching that spot, two figures stood out in her eyes. Concealed by their red caps, a young man with short raven hair and another one with silver hair gathered in a tail were coming towards her.
A smile came to her face, because she actually knew those two erythrocytes very well. They were the two friends of that red blood cell that had saved her, and seeing them there again had filled her heart with joy.