01. goldfish memory

"i know i'm not your only
but i'll still be a fool,
'cause i'm a fool for you."

          on the way to school, kyorin treads the path of crackling leaves beneath her feet and the cold breeze hitting her face with every step she took

          on the way to school, kyorin treads the path of crackling leaves beneath her feet and the cold breeze hitting her face with every step she took. she took the time on her walk to school to start looking up articles online about the so called red string.

          all of the articles were the same: only talked of the legend but never spoke of the what ifs. always explaining what it was but not it's significance. kyorin sighed before slipping in her air pods into her ears, putting the volume at 70. she kept her eyes forward for the majority of her walk through the courtyard, not wanting to make small talk with anyone. kyorin preferred to not be spoken to so early in the morning as she's basically waking up herself.

          through her peripheral vision, she was able to find her two friends waiting for her outside the school doors. the girl pulls her hands out of her pockets to remove one airpod before putting it back into the case.

          "oh? rin! goodmorning!" nari calls out, waving to her friend.

          kyorin smiles before waving back, "i told you guys you don't have to wait for me. it's fucking cold, bruh."

          "rin, how could you forget?" her other friend, NAM YOOJIN gasps, "a hoe never gets cold, bestie."

           kyorin rolls her eyes before pushing yoojin only slightly, "of course you would say that. out of the three of us, you're the only one that would apply to."

         yoojin and nari laces their arms with kyorin, them being on both sides of her as the trio walk inside the school. the warm air hits the trio, leaving them to sigh with relief.

         "oh my god, that reminds me! we have the annual lantern festival coming up!" nari says with excitement, tugging at kyorin's arm.

          "please, enlighten me what that is again and why we should care? we usually never go anyways." kyorin furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

          yoojin uses her free hand to open up the door to their classroom, leading the other girls to go in after her. she slides the door closed, slipping her arm out of the lock with kyorin.

          "it's the one day in the year that everyone gathers for lanterns in the sky! how could you forget?" says nari as she sits at her desk.

          "she has the memory of a goldfish, nari. she barely even remembers her own birthday." yoojin snickers while taking her seat beside nari.