2011

March, 2011

March, 2011

"Choon Hee, let's go!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as she made her powerful serve in the volleyball court. A few people turning their heads and looking at me, weirdly.

It was March, which meant that it was Sports Festival season. Though Choon Hee was a transferee, she got a chance to be put in the school's volleyball team because she was such a strong candidate that the school probably couldn't ignore.

I'm sure I couldn't ignore her skills either.

I accompany her when she has training and weekly games 'cause she partly drags me into them but at the same time, I want to support her through the things that she loves doing. And this is one of them.

I have grown fond of being around her and being with her when she has events and stuff just like this. I felt as though I needed to be a some kind of support system for her.

Seeing her happy, doing the things she loves, makes me even more happier.

Her smile is the most precious thing in the world and I would do anything for her to just smile and be happy.

She looked in my direction as I was jumping around on the bleachers and she giggled a little before putting her focus back in the game.

The opposing team was serving for this next round and everyone concentrated as the players on court were getting prepared.

Just then, in a blink of an eye, Choon Hee was on the floor, her hands gripping onto her face as her teammates ran to her side, surrounding her.

My eyes widened as I realized what happened. The serve was too strong and the ball had hit Choon Hee right in her face.

She's hurt.

I anxiously ran down the stairs by the sides of the bleachers and made my way to the court where Choon Hee was.

People looked at me, weirdly but I could care less. She was hurt and I needed to help her.

"Choon Hee" I spoke anxiously, as I made my way to her, her teammates slowly backing away as they saw me approach her, probably to give her some space.

As the referee was blowing his whistle, we both looked up at the sound. My eyes widened as I stared at her face, drips of blood on the corner of her mouth as her right cheek was so flushed and red.

"Jungwon, what— why are you here? Get back up there." She spoke as she tried standing on her own, only to trip and fall back down. Her eyes caught the sight of her knees that were bleeding too.

"You can't just keep playing this condition." I spoke to her as I looked around. I saw the referee approaching us and the feeling of relief ran through me.

"I'm fine, Won. Now, you get back up there because I can't just leave the game. We have to win." Her shaky voice spoke as she stubbornly tried standing up again.