Dont Insist On Leaving Tonight

Dont insist on leaving tonight,
cant you see how my heart leapt from my chest to the moon when your fingers threaded through my hair ?

The moment you step outside, my soul will run and chase after you, leaving me to be as hollow as the night sky without its treasured stars.
I will, on instict miss the warmth of the gentle flame that your simplest touch ignited throughout my entire being. In this imprisonment of a life, you are the only clause that leads me to my freedom, even when im caged like a wingless bird in your arms, especially then, i feel wholly complete.
When the gentle breeze flows through my window, and with it, strays the strands of hair on your forehead, your cheeks, let me move them away for you, let me watch your face contort into the painfully beautiful smile, that aches my heart beyond imagination, that breaks my heart just right.

Dont insist on leaving tonight, cant you feel how my breath hitches just at the thought of my wind chapped lips meeting your sun kissed ones?

The moment we give in to this tantalizing temptation, you'll know that i was always writhing to see through the peephole of your heart. Youll see how long i have been waiting for you to make me feel like ive been reborn as the cupid of this wicked world. Youll see how the death of me would me the only escape i have from the intensity of my feelings for you.

Then, Ill tell you of all the nights ive laid awake praying to lord to give me your hands, to make me the one who watches you walk up to the altar. Ill tell you of the nights when my you stole my breath away, even with the absence of your physical being, of how you left my heart beating fast, and so, so undone under the silk sheets. Ill tell you about all the days ive thought of you with the tears of love running down my cheeks, for i didnt have you then, and i dont have you now.

Dont insist on leaving tonight, cant you hear my heart beating with the rhythm of your name everytime your eyes meet mine?

Stay, just for tonight, let the world spin, let the clock tick, for once when you and i are together, id finally be able to stop the eternal burden of loath that i carry with me always, i'd finally be able to feel those bittersweet apple of your cheeks under the trembling pads of my finger. When you and i are together, i could finally say your name have it mean only of my undying, newborn love towards you, and not of the way you break my heart with the lightest of glances. When you and i are together, youll understand how innocent the colours of my affection towards you are. Who cares about a petty 'tomorrow', when right now, right here you could look me in my eyes under the night sky, keeping the stars and the moon witness of the fruitful desire ?

Stay, just for tonight, even if your lover is back at home, waiting for you to come back, drunk with the lust youd let any girl lent you. Stay, just for tonight, even if i cant bare to look at you given how you reek of alcohol. Stay, just for tonight, like all the other nights ive dreamt of you coming home to me and home made dinner. Stay, just for tonight, just stay.

- love, Av C

________________________________________________________________________________

a.n. : wrote this for a boy i loved, except now I've moved on and every time i read this, the feelings surface back a little. so ill just close this chapter and never open it again :') you enjoy though, and tell me what you thought of it <333
(p.s. i added the inspiration of the writing, its an amazingly heartbreaking song)