Waiting for Yuni

"Alice!!! Over Here!!!"

Emi was already waiting for Alice at the front of the BlueBird Mall when she arrived.

"Emi!! I told you not to call out my name so loud in public! My fans are everywhere, they'll see me!"

"Oh relax, you can't possibly be the only girl in Japan named Alice!"

It was a hot summer day, but the girls weren't going to let it stop them from having fun at their trip to the mall. The three of them decided to meet up at the entrance of the mall, but only two had arrived.

"Where's Yuni?", asked Alice.

"She's running a bit late, but I'm pretty sure it's because she had to sneak out of her mansion and hide from her bodyguard, as per usual.", Emi stated.

The two girls had a bit of an awkward moment of silence before Emi decided to break the ice.

"You, uh...look real nice today, Alice. I really like that...orange dress and sun hat of yours."

"Oh, th-thanks...I quite like what you're wearing too...the black shirt and sweater you've tied around your waist look good on you."

...Although the two had been friends for quite a while at this point, they couldn't help but have their awkward moments from time to time. Of course, it was to be expected, considering Alice's shyness and all. At least Emi knows how to talk.

"So, what store do you want to visit first?", Emi asked.

"Well, I'm not too sure to be honest. Whatever you pick or Yuni picks out will be fine for me." Alice responded.

Just as Alice was finishing her sentence, Yuni immediately sprinted into the picture, panting heavily and looking as though she had just run a marathon. Her pink sunglasses were falling off of her face, her hair was a bit messy, and she looked rather exhausted.

"S-sorry I'm...late guys. Akira was chasing after me, but...I managed to lose him in a huge crowd along the way, he really hates those things. Anyway, did I miss anything?"

"Well not really, we were just having a short conversation. You two ready to go in now?" Asked Emi.

"Sure", replied Alice.

"I didn't run all the way here for nothing! Let's go on a shopping spree!!", said Yuni.

"Wait Yuni," Emi started. "Did you-"

"Bring my credit cards? Of course! Why wouldn't I? Can't leave anywhere without 'em!"

"Oh thank god! You're a life-saver, Yuni! Thanks!" Emi rejoiced.

"You don't have any money, Emi? I thought you got paid for working at your parent's electronics store." Alice questioned.

"Ah, w-well, about that-"

"Her parents found out she was buying too many orange juice popsicles and froze her account for a month." Yuni interrupted.

"Yeah...that." Emi stated.

"Oh my, well, to be honest I'm not that surprised." Alice said.

"Alright, enough about my orange juice addiction, let's go inside already!!" Emi shouted.