Prologue - Welcome Home

The truck was silent besides the noise of large papers being crinkled viciously. Isaac almost sighed as he took the third right he'd been ordered to take for the past two miles.

"I swear, I've driven by this place already." He mumbled, giving her a stern look. 

Her eyes were intensely focused on the map in her hand and she didn't seem to noticed his growing frustration. She briefly looked up to the road, bit her lip, and continued trying to analyze the drawing.

"Shut up and drive, Lahey." She murmured in return. Isaac sighed and continued driving down the dimly light road.

Suddenly, the silence grew eerie. She seemed to notice it as she lifted her head up to look at him. He raised his eyebrows in question and motioned for her to hand him the map. He tried to identify which street they'd wandered unto, to no avail.

"This looks nothing like-" He was interrupted by a loud bang. The bang was followed by the sound of something landing unto the car and unbearable scratching noises. The car jerked to the right and Isaac instinctively threw himself over her. The car flipped unto it's side, putting pressure on their shoulders as it landed on the concrete.Once the movement stopped, the car was grounded in on the side of the road. Her screams filled the car as well as the loud ringing noise coming from the behind them. 

Isaac was glad to feel her breathing against his chest, once the car had stopped. 

"Are you okay?!" He asked loudly trying to overcome the ringing noise. She nodded, though her facial expressions showed otherwise. She looked utterly terrified. 

Isaac struck the door closest to their intertwined bodies with his fist. Again, and again, until the door flew a little distance from the truck. He grabbed her by her waist and hoisted her out of the car as carefully as possible. Her arms seemed stuck to his shoulder as they got out of the car. He then lowered her to the ground and cupped her face softly searching for any signs for hurt. She had a bruise on her cheek but otherwise she looked fine. He looked around for what it was that attacked them.

At first, it seemed like there was nothing around, and there had been nothing for miles. Isaac spotted the clawing marks on the truck that stretched from the side towards the popped tire. 

As if on cue, an unknown figure shadowed upon them and he grabbed her promptly. The figure flew above them and past a dull green sign that almost disappeared into the bushes.

"Welcome to Beacon Hills" read the sign.

Isaac felt her arms snake around his waist as she began to shiver.

"It's okay, You're okay." He whispered into hair. Welcome home, indeed.