Quackter #1

"AUNTIE Y/N!" My little and only nephew Charlie exclaimed as he ran and hugged me. 

"Hey kiddo! Where's your mom?"

 "In the kitchen." 

"Thanks kiddo." I walked into the kitchen. 

"Hey Cassie." 

"Hey, Thanks for watching Charlie for me tonight." 

"Anytime. Man, I would keep him 24/7 if I could." She nodded and gave me a hug before grabbing her purse and coat. She walked into the living room and gave Charlie a hug but before leaving she said,

 "Remember your bedtime young man." 

"But mom it's the weekend!" Charlie whined. 

"Yeah come on. Let him live a little." I said taking up for him as a cool auntie should.

 "Fine. But don't stay up too late okay?" 

"Okay. Thanks mom." She waved bye and then she was gone. 

"So, what do you wanna do kiddo?" 

"Can you tell me another story?" 

"What type of story?"

 "A hockey story." 

"Okay, how about a true hockey story?About me, huh?" 

"Definitely!"

 "Okay let's see, Hockey. The one thing that I actually liked as a kid. Your dad always told me time after time that girls shouldn't play hockey. Did I listen? Absolutely not! I was only 5 when I started playing hockey. I continued playing year after year. Until one year when this boy joined the team. He and I became best friends." 

"What was his name and what team did you play for?" 

"Why do you wanna know his name?" 

"Just curious, that's all." 

"Okay fine, His name was Gordon. Gordon Bombay. And, don't pick on me for this, but we played for the Hawks." 

"Oh no! Not the cake eaters!" 

"Haha very funny." I said sarcastically. He giggled. 

"Anyways, it was our penalty shot. Coach wanted Gordon to take it. He was after all the best player on the team, but Coach put so much pressure on him. Gordon went to take the shot and then bang! It hit the rim." 

"Man! That sucks!" Charlie said wincing like he got hit with the puck in the arm. 

"Yeah it does. Coach kicked him off the team, so I quit. Gordon and I stayed friends up until he left for law school. I haven't seen him since."

 "Were you two lovers?" Charlie asked with a sly grin. 

"No! He was just my best friend." 

" A best friend that you liked?" 

" You sure are nosey. But I guess I liked him a little. He was just a crush." 

"Do you think you'll ever see him again?" 

"Who knows kiddo. I mean I'd like to but again who knows." 

"Well, the people we love always there way back to us." 

"That's a good way to think about it kiddo. You know what? You're a really smart kid Charlie. You'll make it real far in life." 

"I know that." He giggled. For a while, we talked and laughed and eventually, he fell asleep on the couch. I stayed up thinking about the boy that I once shared love with. The one name stuck in my head the rest of the night. Gordon Bombay.

Hey Duckies!!!! Sorry this chapter is short. I promise the other ones will be longer!! Keep Quacking!!!! (i don't know what's wrong with me.)