Heart Service, Chapter One

Note!!- This was made as a self indulgent fic for my friend Ada, but if you'd like to imagine it's you x Blue be my guest. We are reviving the fandom back from 2010. I know we're all old now but it's about time we return‼️

If there are any typos in this please spare me, these were all written under the influence and I wasn't planning on taking it as seriously as I am lmfao-

Ok anyways

Blue sighed, staring up into the hot Sun with his hand over his eyes. He hated doing community service, especially if it was punishment for Red's antics. Earlier that week, Red had convinced Blue to break into a building, which ended up blowing up due to Red's stupidity. They were both charged and given two weeks of community service, but Red coerced Blue into doing his for him, bailing on him once again. Blue rolled his eyes at the memory. What a fucking dick, he thought. He walked over to the school courtyard he was assigned to and started picking up the trash. With each rotten, smelly item he found, he tossed it with a disgusted look on his face. It smelled fucking awful. As he was searching under a bench for trash, he suddenly heard a loud bang. He started and hit his head on the underside of the bench, not at all expecting what he was about to witness.

  Staring a little bit too hard, he watched as a young girl around his age started stomping through the courtyard, appearing obviously pissed off. She was tall, with short black hair and a nice figure. She was kinda intense. Looking past her angry expression, she was really, really pretty. Pretty enough to make the disgusting smell of the trash and his throbbing headache to go away. Shit.
He watched as she leaned down and started hastily grabbing trash off the wet grass, and he realized that she must be there for the same reason he was. Fucking community service. He crawled out from under the bench and approached her slowly, hoping his presence wouldn't make her even angrier. "Uh, hi..." he said slowly, unsure of how to start a conversation with someone like her. "M-My name is Blue. Are you here for community service too?" Fuck, why did my voice crack? This is already going terribly.

The girl turned around and got to her feet. She looked Blue in the eyes, not responding for a few moments. Blue was sweating at this point, fearing that he might have aggravated her even more. He pulled at his shirt collar, unsure of what to do in the silence. After an uncomfortable minute of staring at each other, she finally spoke. "I'm Ada." He raised an eyebrow, as she completely ignored his question about why she was there. As he looked at her closer, he noticed that her eyes were a ocean grey. Pretty, he thought. Suddenly, she turned her back towards him and started waking away. Once she was halfway down the courtyard, she turned back towards Blue and raised an eyebrow. "Well, aren't you going to help me?" She said. Blue stood there in silent shock, confused by her cold, but relatively non threatening demeanor. He looked down at his bag of trash, and decided that his work was done. He dropped it on the grass and made his way towards her.

Once Blue was at her side, she giggled a little.   He was taken aback, surprised by the sudden change of emotion from her. He expected her to say something after that, but she didn't. They just walked towards the next pickup stop in silence. After grabbing their trash bags, she said, "So, how come you're doing community service?" He put a hand behind his head and scoffed, avoiding her piercing eyes. "My dumbass friend got me into some shit and made me do his fucking sentence, so I'm stuck here until we're both off the hook." The thought of it pissed him off still, so he didn't say any more in fear of saying something stupid. She laughed a little louder this time, shaking her head at his statement.  Blue felt his cheeks heat up at the sound of it. "Sorry for ignoring your question earlier," she started, " I just didn't want to talk about it. My friend convinced me to steal something from the local store for her, and I got busted because she ditched me. Fucking jackass." She rolled her eyes at the last word, becoming obviously annoyed once again as the smile fell from her face. She started quickly snatching trash up from the ground. Blue was surprised at her answer, because their situation was so similar. "Sounds like we're in the same boat," He said. He kicked at the ground, unsure of how to make her happier again. He sighed and grabbed his trash bag. "Let's just get this over with." She looked up at him and smiled, her expression softening. She didn't say a word. They got to work.