Ch. 33: ᴇsᴄᴀᴘᴇ

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ :: 𝗅𝖺𝗇𝗀𝗎𝖺𝗀𝖾, 𝗏𝗂𝗈𝗅𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾, 𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

It was another full week before Hyunjin had the balls to ask.

The day started out like any other; Jimin pounded on the other side of the cast-iron door, slipped two trays through the slot in it. Hyunjin walked over and picked up the trays in both hands, carrying them over to the little rolling cart that once held the assassin's tools. He set them down, taking a seat on one of the stools sitting beside it.

Jungkook sat down on the other rickety little chair across from him, picking up the spoon on his tray and mechanically eating. He could tell the Hoodlum was working up to ask him something; he was shifting, nervous. His eyes kept flicking from Jungkook to the door and back again. The assassin let him upset himself. It was amusing, and Jungkook tried hard to keep from smiling.

Honestly, he didn't think it would've taken the guy quite this long to ask. He figured Hyunjin would be beyond ready to get the hell out of this place. But Jungkook guessed he was more cautious -- and less dumb -- than the assassin had originally suspected. The young man finished eating and picked up his tray, dumping it in the trash. As he moved to flop down onto his cot, he felt Hyunjin's fingers close around his wrist, halting him.

"Yes?" Jungkook's dark eyes rose to meet the Hoodlum's gaze. Hyunjin's tongue flicked out, nervously wetting his lips.

"I figured it out," he said.

"Good for you," the assassin replied.

"No, I mean, I figured it out. How we can get out of here. But more than that, what you're gunna do once we've escaped."

"Oh?" Jungkook asked, "And what exactly, am I going to do once we've escaped?" Jungkook's dark eyes shone with amusement. Here it comes.

"Come with me back to the Hoodlums," Hyunjin stated proudly

"Come with me back to the Hoodlums," Hyunjin stated proudly. Jungkook allowed shock to leak into his face before covering it a few breaths later, making sure the Hoodlum had clearly seen his expression. Hyunjin held up his hands, waving them rapidly. "No, listen! Like you said before, you haven't known anything else, right? Ever since you were a kid, you were trained to be a killer, an assassin. Yeah?"

"Mm," Jungkook hummed, nodding. "Yeah."

"And your Boss just...threw you away, man! Over a skirt! All that time and energy and the bond you guys had, gone. But your training and...skills can still be put to good use. Deok Sul is really good to us, Jungkook." Hyunjin said, shrugging and flopping down to sit on the leading edge of his cot. "At the very least, you can still do what you're so damned good at."