Ch. 38:ʀᴇᴄᴏᴠᴇʀʏ

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ :: 𝗅𝖺𝗇𝗀𝗎𝖺𝗀𝖾, 𝖽𝗋𝖺𝗆𝖺

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

For the next two weeks, you recovered from the car crash in your room in the Bangtan Manor. At all hours of the day, one of the Boys stayed with you; Suga ordered that you were to be guarded and have an escort wherever you went. This latest attempt to catch you -- or kill you -- had the entire Family up in arms. The house was like a beehive, constantly swarming with activity and preparations. When he wasn't watching over you, V stayed holed up in his hacker's den: he was trolling through CCTV footage of the city and the bridge, trying to find where the convoy of attackers had come from or gone back to. So far, he hadn't had much luck; apparently they'd been smart, taking streets that didn't have businesses with cameras. But when he was with you, Taehyung was in good spirits despite the setback.

Hobi had his sex workers asking surreptitious questions during pillow talk; asking if the streets were saying who had planned the attack on the Bangtan's girl. Apart from unconfirmed rumors, there was no news. Jin had numerous contacts in the financial industry -- he handled all of the Bangtan's money -- and he had some of his friends seeing if any individual or company purchased or rented multiple black SUV's in the past month; he was waiting to hear back from them. RM was asking his criminal clients if anyone had heard rumors about who had attacked you; there was one guy who may have some solid information, but the man was well-known for rolling over on people for cash, so Namjoon was a bit concerned he was financially motivated and that the information he had may not be accurate.

Jimin was hitting up not only his bulk buyers, but also the huge network of drug users that bought from his dealers. They spent lots of time out on the streets of the Three Cities, and saw far more than most people realized. He was offering a month's supply of their drug of choice if anyone came to him with solid facts about your attackers. There had been a stream of seedy-looking people going in and out of Jimin's office in the city, but he hadn't obtained any worthwhile, actionable intelligence yet. But he held out hope, and told you to keep your spirits up, too: they'd figure it out.

Suga himself was ripping apart the Three Cities, hunting for information. While you were recovering, apparently he met up with Dae at a café and grilled him relentlessly for hours, squeezing out every bit of information your partner could recall. But sadly, there was nothing he knew that would help identify your attackers. 

Yoongi came to relieve Jin, clapping his brother on the back before sending him off to bed; it was a little past two in the morning, and Jin still needed his rest. You woke up, hearing the two of them quietly murmuring, and their voices threatened to soothe you back to bed. You fought the cobwebs of sleep off and sat up in bed, pushing your hair out of your face. Jin smiled and waved at you as he bid you goodnight, and Yoongi dropped down heavily on the side of your bed.

 Jin smiled and waved at you as he bid you goodnight, and Yoongi dropped down heavily on the side of your bed