Ch. 41: ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴ

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ :: 𝗅𝖺𝗇𝗀𝗎𝖺𝗀𝖾, 𝗏𝗂𝗈𝗅𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾, 𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Jungkook's phone beeped and he slipped it from his pocket, glancing down at it.

𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙩𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙝𝙚𝙧.

His lip rose in a snarl, and the assassin stood up from eating dinner with the rest of the Hoodlums. Hyunjin looked up at him, arching an eyebrow. Jungkook grabbed his tray, tossed its contents, slammed it on top of the trash can, and stalked out of the dining room. Hyunjin followed him, asking what was going on.

"Leave me alone, Hyunjin," Jungkook growled. "Unless you want me to slit your throat, you will turn around right now and fuck off."

"Uh..." the blonde blinked, stuttering to a stop as Jungkook stalked off down the hallway that led to his room. "A-Alright, bro. See you."

Jungkook raised a hand in a lazy farewell, his stride slow and steady as he rounded the corner. The moment he was out of eye-line, though, he sprang into a flat-out sprint, racing headlong towards his room. He slammed the door open and rifled through his hiding spots, grabbing his blades and pistols the Hoodlums had supplied him with over the past month and a half. 

He'd done enough contracts to where they were finally beginning to trust him, and he had heard what he needed from Deok Sul a few days ago. He knew that the Black Roses made their move, and that they had headquarters in the Industrial area of Hansu.

The assassin slammed home the spring-loaded knives parallel to the underside of his wrists, pulling down his sleeves to hide them, and gave himself a quick once-over in the mirror. Perfect. Jungkook grabbed his black leather jacket off of the back of his chair, slipping it on with a vicious grin. Time to play. The man stalked out into the hallway and headed towards the rear exit of the Hoodlum's hideout. His eyes narrowed as a blonde figure stepped out to block his path.

"Hey, man. You really shouldn't just run off like this. Boss'll wanna know where you're going," the Hoodlum said.

"Hyunjin," Jungkook's eyes narrowed and he unsheathed a wickedly curved blade from his belt. "Step aside, or I will kill you." It wasn't a threat: simply a fact. But the Hoodlum stood his ground as two more members came to stand beside him. The assassin flashed a grin. "Have it your way."

Without further warning, the man lunched forward, flicking his wrist and sending the curved blade spinning in a sharp arc to the man on Hyunjin's left

Without further warning, the man lunched forward, flicking his wrist and sending the curved blade spinning in a sharp arc to the man on Hyunjin's left. It slammed blade-first into the guy's throat, hilt-deep. Blood sluiced down the man's neck as he raised his hands to his throat, falling to his knees, eyes wide. 

Hyunjin gasped in disbelief, and the other guy snarled, whipping out his gun. He fired two shots, but Jungkook was already on the move. He leaped into the air, careening into the Hoodlum. His spring-loaded blade slammed deep into the man's eye, popping it out of its socket as the blade's tip slammed deep into his brain's occipital lobe.

The guy's knees buckled, and Jungkook straddled him, riding him down to the ground as he disengaged his blade. The assassin sprang to his feet and turned sharply on his heel, tilting at the hip and slamming his foot into Hyunjin's temple. 

The Hoodlum grunted and flew into the wall, Jungkook a half-step behind him. He drew one of his throwing knives and slammed it into the side of Hyunjin's neck, a bloody, wolfish grin on his lips. He held Hyunjin close to him, almost in an embrace, and whispered into his ear.

"This," he hummed, "is for touching Lucky with your disgusting fucking hands, Hyunjin."

And he slammed his blade home, severing the man's spine.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Jungkook panted, stalking through the night as if he had wings. People instinctually moved out of his way, feeling the bloodlust dripping off of the assassin. As he made his way towards Hansu, he unlocked his phone and sent a message to Yoongi, letting him know that he was on the way to find her. His phone buzzed and he flicked a glance down at it. 

𝙂𝙤𝙤𝙙. 𝘽𝙪𝙧𝙣 𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜.

The assassin's lips rose in a fierce grin, and a man walking towards him staggered at the expression on the young man's face, crossing the street immediately. Jungkook ran his tongue over the corner of his mouth, licking off the smattering of blood he could feel there. A low laugh fell from the Bangtan's lips as he hailed a cab on the main street. I'm coming, Lucky. Just hold on. I'll be there soon. He couldn't wait to get back to her, to see her, to save her, to taste her again.

He slid into the back of the cab and rattled off an address in Hansu, crossing his muscled arms over his broad chest and tipping his head back, a small smile on his full mouth. Just like before, they would let her know they were hunting for her. As soon as he was let out, the assassin crouched down and pulled out his zippo lighter, piling up trash and detritus from the street against the corner of an abandoned building.

He was dead-center in the industrial part of Hansu, and he knew she was somewhere close; within ten blocks, any direction. As the flames licked hungrily at the dried, desiccated wood of the building, Jungkook stood back, hands on his hips, a smile on his face as he watched black, tarry smoke billowing up into the night sky.

We're coming, Lucky.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's ɴᴏᴛᴇ:: ಥ ‿ ಥ Kookie's baaaaccckkk~!!!