Elements

Justin woke to the sound of his alarm clock ringing beside him. Punching it, he started to get out of bed. "Good morning Gladys" He said to his pure black cat. Justin rubbed his hand down the cats back and heard its soft purr come from the cat. Picking out the days outfit, he slipped into the tight skinny jeans and slid into the solid color shirt he had picked out. With one last look at the cat that was lounging around on his pure white bed, Justin slid out of the door that belonged to his room.

He walked down the stairs, counting them along the way, they were all made out a soft carpeted material. There was 13 of them, he knew this because he seemed to trip down them a little too often. In the kitchen his mother was standing at the kitchen counter preparing whatever she had deemed Justin's breakfast. She had short blonde hair, not as light as Justin's bleach blonde hair, but close. She looked very young, for her age. She had on a simple shirt, and a pair of cut off shorts. As he entered the room she looked up at him, and smiled.

"Good morning, honey." She said as she finished making his breakfast. It looked to be french toast. Justin's favorite. Justin sat down at the counter, and she pushed the plate towards him. The counter was a simple granite gray countertop, and it had neat trim going along the edge. Justin grabbed the fork that was on the plate and started to eat his food while his mother just watched him.

"Hey mom..."

"Yes honey?" She said still watching him.

"Where are you going to work today?" Justin asked the same question he had asked for past seven years. It had been seven years since Justin had realized that his mother never told him where she worked.

"Justin, you know that is not fair. You know I can't tell you where I work."

"Fine." He retorted, crossing his arms and leaning back in his chair.

"Justin..."

"Yeah mom?" He said in between mouthfuls.

"Today is the first day at your job." She started to say, trying to approach the conversation with caution. "I don't want to freak you out...but you need to be there in 10 minutes." She said looking at his face, waiting for him to react. Justin looked up at her with a questioning glance. Then it clicked, he was going to be late if he didn't hurry.

"Oh crap!" Justin blurted out, rushing to pull his coat on. It was a deerstalker he had gotten a year ago. The coat quickly became a favorite of his and was known for being a constant part of his outfit. After grabbing his keys he gave his mom a kiss yelling to her that he loved her as he closed the door.

Today was Justin's first day at his new job. He had only turned 16 two weeks ago, and had been trying to get a job since. He got to into his car smiling. The car he had gotten for his birthday. It was a 2008 Dodge Charger. White, with black pinstripes. He had found out that the local hardware store was hiring, and immediately snatched the chance of a job right up. It should be fun, even though he didn't particularly like working with his hands.