6:15 AM - Ethan Wayland

The street lamps still flicker as the sun slowly peaks over the edge of the outer wall.

Ethan Wayland yawns and wraps the blanket tighter around him as he sips on the hot coffee he brought with him out on the balcony.

It was almost time for the show to begin and he wanted to be comfortable. Sitting down on one of Richies rickety patio chairs, Ethan put his feet up on the vegetable garden box and settled in. Out of all the things this apartment provided, this was Ethan's favorite part and he didn't want to waste it by not being cozy.

There wasn't much Ethan enjoyed about staying at Richies loft apartment. If anything, it felt pretentious, but why would he give up such a luxury only to spite Richies father? Honestly being with Richie was enough to cause a stir in the ranks. Looking back, Ethan still found it surprising Richie wanted to make things as public as he did. Sure, they weren't holding a wedding in Town Square, but Ethan still remembers the time Richie kissed him before he left for his morning drills. Right I'm front of his commanding officer. To say that Ethan had tensed up would be an understatement. Even after Richie turned and marched with his buddies out the front gate, Ethan had stood frozen in place. Out of fear? Possibly. But the feeling that lasted...well it could only be captured in the wee hours of the morning if you sit on the balcony of the St. Florence Downtown Studio Lofts on 3rd Street with a nice view of the entire downtown area beneath you.

"Here it comes," Ethan hummed to himself as his breath caught in the air. And just like that, the sun crested the outer wall and all the shadows washed away from the city streets.

Ethan tried to follow the zigzagging path as the sun reflected off the windows of the city buildings. Each golden ray illuminating their tiny settlement alittle bit more.

The Kings Tower was the tallest building located right below Town Square. Ethan vaguely remember it being a Wells Fargo but you would never hear him repeat that on the street. But regardless of the political pressure they all faced on a daily basis, he just liked the way it lit up when the sun finally catches it just right.

Like a lighthouse in a storm.

That's the feeling Ethan had when he looked at Richie. The same feeling he continues to have everyday. Which is probably the only reason he also stays in this upper class neighborhood. He just wants to keep catching a glimpse of that magic hour.