04. not for sale

"and if i'm not the one for you,
you've gotta stop holding
me the way you do."

          kyorin dreaded going to school for all the right reasons

kyorin dreaded going to school for all the right reasons. she didn't want to go there knowing her red string had connected with jay's. she spent the weekend hoping it wouldn't end and that monday would never come, but here it did.

and she was already on her way to school. her steps weren't light and only filled with heavy steps of worry. her mind was clouded with jay and chaerin and that stupid red string.

just be natural, rin she thought to herself. she was internally screaming if that's the way to put it. kyorin thought the world had set her up for her downfall because she was well aware that if that red string bullshit was right, she'd choose death than be his soulmate.

yoojin and nari weren't waiting for her which confused kyorin. she pulled out her phone to check if they had messaged her but to no avail, her phone was as dry as the sahara desert. kyorin looked around to see none of her two friends in sight.

"maybe they went in without me for once?" kyorin mutters under her breath.

kyorin walks up the steps only to have someone slug their arm over her shoulder. she turns to see that it was jake, raising an eye brow in confusion. she wasn't close to anyone else besides yoojin and nari so this interaction was odd to her.

"good morning to you, too?" kyorin greeted the aussie with an awkward smile.

jake smiled, "hello, rin!"

nickname basis? odd.

"what're you doing here? with me, specifically?" kyorin asks, softly removing his arm from around her shoulder. his expression had reminded her of a puppy, so she didn't mind being around the boy for that matter.

"well, i'm usually here in the mornings and i saw you weren't with anyone! just wanted to accompany a familiar face, that's all." jake says with a soft smile, relieving kyorin of any other mixed feelings.

"you don't have anything to do right now?" he says before kyorin replies.

kyorin shook her head, "i was going to check the cafeteria to see if yoojin and nari were there but not much, why?"

jake grins almost mischievously, sending a shiver down kyorin's spine. jake takes her hand and ultimately drags her towards the stairs leading to the rooftop. not knowing what to do, she treads behind him in confusion holding onto his hand.