I'm Doing My Job

You say I'm changing. 

"You, beautiful baby boy, have been prayed for, for a long time" Guinevere smiled holding her grandson a few hours after Rina had him. 

"Isn't he beautiful, Mama?" Rina grinned from the bed she was lying in. 

"Leon is going to turn heads just like his older brother and dad" Guinevere replied with a proud motherly smile. 

"Tell me about it" Rina chuckled. 

"So you still haven't heard from Galene? Even after the kidnapping a few months ago?" she asked once Leon was asleep. 

"Nope, she just reaches out to Gavriila to see if there are any properties near her dig sites," she sighed, knowing where things were going from here, "We'll see how long it will take for her to realize I've removed her access. I've been discussing the whole situation with her grandfather for about a month now and he's the one that suggested I pull the plug." 

"Hopefully she takes the hint and doesn't reach out to you anymore" Guinevere commented as Gavriila entered the room. 

"Your Majesty, I know you just had Prince Leon a few hours ago and should be resting but there are a few things that I need you to review" Gavriila spoke shyly. 

"Just because I pushed a baby out of my body doesn't mean my job stops, Gigi," Rina chuckled, "What's up?" 

"You have some paperwork to review and sign related to the rebuild, The council would like to have a meeting with you at the end of the week, and Miss Galene has asked to come and visit in a few days" Gavriila replied. 

"That was quicker than I figured she'd try to come here," Rina sighed, "Set her up at the guest house. I don't want Galene to have access to everything in the palace. Please also notify Ignacio that his granddaughter will be here; she's been evading him for about a year now." 

"Yes, Ma'am," Gavriila nodded, "I'll leave these papers with you and will go prep everyone." 

"Convenient timing for her to be showing up," Guinevere growled, "And right when you've started to prep for the holiday celebrations next month." 

"I know what she's at, Mom," Rina chuckled, "It's why Galene won't be staying in the palace." 

A Few Days Later 

"Rina, Galene's car just arrived at the gate near the guest house" Gigi commented around lunchtime

"Thank you," Rina nodded, "I'll drive over there once I've gotten Leon down for a nap. Can you please have lunch sent to the guest house?" 

"Yes, ma'am" Gavriila nodded. 

"You're being awfully nice to her considering" Ignacio commented, looking up from the newborn he was holding. 

"You would do the same" Rina commented. 

"I would, but she's my blood," he replied, "A friend would never receive that treatment from me after taking advantage of my generosity."