1. Best friends or lovers?

He half heartedly stood up to leave when she hugged him all of a sudden. Her petite figure against him, felt the most right thing to him at the moment but the circumstances were not so right.

Actually, he was in Megha's apartment to meet her before her new show takes off and she gets busy with it. Though in real, he just wanted to see her as he missed her a lot. His current show was too hectic for him to manage some time for her but today, he went an extra mile and went to meet her during the break of his shift.

"What happened Ray? " He asked, confused by her behavior.

"Stay! Please stay Fahmaan! " She softly mumbled against his chest.

"Even I want to stay, idiot but shoot is important too so i have to go before the director kicks me out! " He said chuckling at his own joke.

"Please don't go! " She murmured and he could feel her sobbing in his arms. He gently pulled her away and looked at her face as if searching for something.

"Do you love me Ray? " He asked out of blue to which she helplessly nodded her head and again hid her face in his chest.

He was having a mixed feeling in that moment, he didn't know if he should be happy that she loved him or he should be worried about the norms of society because of their difference in religion.

"I know what you are thinking Fahmaan but i don't care about them. All i know is that no one can ever love me the way you do. You are the best thing happened to me and if fans or other people can't understand that then it's there problem, not ours. " Her words broke his trance of thought.

"Woahh tigress! You are the best thing happened to me too. I love you so much! " He said before kissing her forehead.

"Me too! " She uttered.

"Oye! Say full sentence! " He said breaking the hug.

"I ain't in mood to say! " She teased him.

"Ok then I am leaving! " He retorted.

"Ughhh.. Fine I love you too but please don't go! " She clinged to his chest yet again.

"As you say madam. I will be here for more five minutes before I finally leave. " He gave her the ultimatum even though he hardly wanted to leave now.

"Fahmaan! " She warned him.

"Ray work is important too!" He tried to maker her understand.

"Fine! My shoot is also going to start next week! Then I will not even see you! " She threatened him angrily.

"But you will definitely talk to me! I will make sure of that, girlfriend! " He said in a cheeky tone.

"Huh? " She uttered in confusion as he referred to her as his girlfriend.

"Why are you giving that reaction? You are my girlfriend now, Ray! " He said pulling her in his arms.

"Really? " She asked him like an excited kid.

"Obviously, Idiot! " He smirked.

"Fahmaannnn! " She whined.

"Rayyyy! " He mimicked her tone.

"I am your girlfriend now, you can't tease me like that. " She ordered him making him chuckle.

"I can tease you like that because before being my girlfriend, you are my best friend and as your best friend I have full right to pull your leg! " He explained to her.

"Anyway, don't get too attached to your new costars. Remember, you have a boyfriend too. " He warned her as her bubbly nature could attract her male costars specifically which he least wanted.

"I don't know, the actor playing my onscreen husband's brother is kinda too cool. We already bond so well. " She teased him to which he got shocked at her answer. He had loved her for than half an year now and here she was telling him that she already liked one of her new costars.

"Haha look at your face Fahmaan! " She said a few seconds later in between her laughs. His expression seemed too funny to her.

"Don't tease me on such things, Ray. It wouldn't be good for you." He said realising that she had just joked around with him.

She just hugged him once again in response.

"I love you Ray! " He uttered with utmost sincerity.

"I love you too Fahmaan. " She replied back cutely while still being in his embrace.

______________________________________
Thanks for reading.