The Actual Shift --Jan. 26th, 2022

If you've made it this far, I bet you've heard a lot of stuff about shifting. And not all of it may be true. The first thing I heard when I got into shifting was that it takes a while. Years. And as you can imagine, that it 100% true. I mean, we grew up in a world where we were taught to believe that magic wasn't real, and was just some made-up stuff in faerie tales. So first off, you have to change your mindset. That's called the M-Shift, but I'll get into that with another story. 

After you complete that, there are still so many other things to do. And, to be honest, the M-Shift isn't even one of the first steps. And once you complete those, you are CHANGING YOUR BODY. You are physically altering it, growing things that you weren't born with. Tails, wings, gills, fur, whatever! This takes a while. It might even be a while before you actually start seeing side effects at all. 

Next: Shifting is one of the most painful things you will ever go through, so young people should never do it. 

This is halfway-false. Shifting is going to be painful, but not scream-your-lungs-out-and-wish-you-were-never-born painful. It's just an aching sensation, I guess. And it's different for everybody. The true part about this statement is that young people really shouldn't try to shift. It might seem like a word full of wonder and magic, but there's another side that's not as fun. Once your M-Shift is complete, you're always going to have a pull to the sea. Always. It's something you have to keep in mind. The reason I'm targeting this towards younger audiences is because often, they don't know what they're getting into, which is why research is so important.