I'm never abandoning you (for you are my everything)

Druig never thought for a second that he deserved Makkari. And now that he was reunited with her, he couldn’t understand how this beautiful person would even communicate with him. She didn’t ignore him. She didn’t tell him to not approach her. No, instead, she just looked at him with this sunny smile of hers, and his heart literally melted. He never felt this happy when he was in his little village. Why did he abandon her ?

Druig didn’t particularly feel good right now. The pain Ikaris was inflicting on him right now wasn’t the most unbearable, though. It was his mind which was hurting the most. Seconds away from his maybe-death, he couldn’t stop thinking. And it was infuriating. It was also sad. He was leaving Makkari, again. He couldn’t save her. He couldn’t be near her. His strength was slowly drained out of him. He heard Makkari’s scream. Why was he abandoning her ?

When he opened his eyes, everything was a blur. But, he could think of only one thing, he was alive. He wasn’t abandoning Makkari, he would still have the chance to reunite with her. He could save her. But for this, he needed to go out of the hole Ikaris put him in. Wincing, he got up. He had no choices, he had troubles feeling the other Eternals minds, so he needed to get to them, and quickly. He would never be as fast as his beautiful Makkari, but he could do it, for her. For his family. When he finally saw the sun again, he didn’t even blink. He suddenly felt a great pain, but it wasn’t his. Recognizing Sersi in his head, he walked up to her. Seeing Sprite and a dagger, he didn’t need to think twice, and just knocked out the smaller one. Helping Sersi on her feet, and feeling it was time to reunite with the Uni-Mind again, he smiled at her. And then, they weren’t on the ground anymore, and all their spirits made one. He was feeling Makkari, sweet sweet Makkari, and he instantly felt better. No one could ease his mind like her. He couldn’t wait to see her again. He wouldn’t abandon her. 

She was here, in front of him, while he walked up to her, pain hiding only in a corner of his mind. She turned around, and saw him. She could run fast, sure, but since she wasn’t believing her own eyes, she took her time to reach him. And when Druig felt Makkari in his arms, he forgot about everything, even his fellow Eternals that were watching them. Only her mattered. He wasn’t abandoning her. 

Druig always had troubles expressing his feelings, even though he knew how to stand up for his beliefs. However, love was way more complicated. And showing weakness was even harder. So, when his chest literally burnt under his shirt, he said nothing, trying to hide his expression of pain. But Makkari, sweet and beautiful Makkari, grew more and more concerned. So, at Ajak’s house, she took his wrist, calmly but not meeting his gaze, and led him to one of the bedrooms. She let go of him only when they were in front of the bed, turning to him so he could see what she was signing.

Sit down.

And with that, she ran off, leaving a puzzled Druig behind her. She came back as quickly as she left, only to find him still standing. She scowled at him and he finally processed, sitting on the edge of the bed, admiring her. Abandoning the frown, she now gave him a questioning look, which he replied at with a smirk. He held up his hands to sign.

Nothing. You’re just beautiful.

Her face softened, but she still rolled her eyes. She put the first aid kit she was holding next to him, and looked at him seriously.

Stop flirting. You’re hurt. Show me so I can help.

Druig thought lying to her first, but then he just sighed. He couldn’t. Not to her. So instead, he didn’t say a word, just lifted up his shirt, revealing the red marks splattered all around his torso. He watched Makkari carefully while all kinds of emotions passed through her face. Anger, worry, shock, more anger, sadness. He didn’t know why her eyes became glossy all of sudden, so he reached up and cupped her cheek. He talked to her, being unable to sign with one hand, knowing she could still pick up the vibrations of his voice, and read his lips.