1~

I sit back in the old wooden chair with a slight huff.

"I don't get why you're making me go to this fucking camp." 

My dad looks at me with a stern face, doing his best to stop my attitude in its tracks. 

"It's for your own good Mayrin. You're practically alone 24 hours a day and you're refusing help here, it's the only option." My mother's face morphs into a slight frown while finishing her sentence with an elongated sigh. 

I pause taking in the entire room due to the lingering silence. 

"I think it's important that we -*ahem*- get Mayrin's point of view when she's not as agitated. Maybe give her some time to think." 

Mr. Miller's shaky hands refrain from readjusting at his side. Mr. Miller is my therapist and has been for over a year now.  I really do love the man, although he's retiring next month. I guess my parent thought of this idea when they found out he was leaving. They know he's the only therapist I'd even consider listening to, smart plan on their end, but dreadful for mine. Mr. Miller has stage 3 cancer, and he's very sick, causing him to cough ever so often. I'm glad he's retiring to keep himself healthier...at least the healthiest he can. 

"I'll think about it, okay?" I twist my head around to meet my parents, "Just don't get your hopes up."

                                                                                At Home

I drop to my bed with extended relief. It feels so damn good to be home after a long day. Tomorrow is the end of the school year and don't get me wrong I'm happy about that, but the camp. The fucking camp. I know they said I could think about it but in the end it's a big guilt trip. Who cares if I'm not the most social person out there? I have one very good friend, and she's all I need. I'm ending my High School experience tomorrow, and I'd like to have a relaxing summer without any stress.  

I pause for a moment and turn to my cat Quincy who is snuggled next to my pillow. I feel instant relief from the sight of him and start to think. 

"Do you think this camp would be good for me bud?" I mumble as I play with his fur.

He annoyingly turns over. 

"Yeah, I think so too." 

(Sorry this chapter was so short I promise all of them won't be this short, I just wanted to test out the mechanics and what not :) I promise this will get better, the backstory always sucks ;p)