1

it was an afternoon in autumn. the day had finally come. the friends were moving in together.

after graduation - for jules and caleb, the three had planned to move in together. caleb and luke were already planning it, but jules decided to join in.

caleb had graduated two years back, and lived at his first apartment - but then he wanted to go back home. he there began to write his first book, "insert title here,"

julianna was set on being an actress. she had been in films before, but was looking for a big role. she knew she could make it happen.

luke - still in college, was studying to become a doctor. granted, he made this decision due to his parents opinion - luke was trying to get used to the idea, even if he didn't even want to go to medical school at all.

this is the beginning of their story. the story of luke, jules, and caleb. facing the beauties and downfalls of moving in together.

caleb and luke had met during luke's first year. they met in the cafeteria, when luke mistaked caleb for his friend. earlier that day, luke had gotten kicked out of his dorm by his cocky roomates - steven, collin, and jacob.

luke and caleb moved in the couch that jules had forced them to buy. it wasn't luke and caleb's kinda couch - but they instantly agreed when she said she'd clean the bathrooms for the first 3 months.

"i'm really glad that we decided on this couch," jules stated - glancing at the two who were struggling to fit the couch fully through the door.

"we?" luke repeated, "there was no, we."

caleb nodded, "yeah." they fit the couch through the door and set it down near it - not knowing where to put it yet, "you wanted the couch, jules," caleb laughed, as he gripped his hand on the countertop in the kitchen area.

"really?" jules said, "that's completely wild."

"mhm," luke sighed.

"hey, i'm the one who said they'd clean the bathroom for three months," she implied - screwing the cap of her plastic water bottle back on.

"true," luke shrugged.

caleb threw them each a key, "please, don't loose these,"

"i won't," jules said - confidently. she had lost track of many things before.

"i won't." luke said - nodding.

"okay." caleb said, looking at each of them.

"shall we start unpacking?" jules said - excitement in her voice.

"me!" luke said - putting his hands up.

"woo!" caleb shouted.

"let's do this."

-

the day was very long. full of unpacking, arguments about placements of furniture, and bedrooms, they all finally finished unpacking.

jules sat in her new room. she sat on her bed, looking outside her bedroom window. maybe she didn't expect things to be like this by now, but somehow she felt as if everything had fallen into place.

she heard her bedroom door open - looking back to see caleb, with luke behind him.

"we're going out," caleb said.

"wanna come?" luke asked her.

jules grinned, and nodded.

"alright," caleb replied, "you ready?"

jules got up and began bolting out of her bedroom past the two, "ready to beat you to the elevator!"

she opened the apartment door, air brushing in her face. she ran as fast as she could as her brother and friend followed her.

"hey!" luke shouted.

"what if we beat you?" caleb yelled, swooping past them and pushing the elevator button.

luke moved between the two right as the door opened.

"what if i beat you guys," luke said - smiling.

"you already did!" caleb said - jules laughing.

they all stood in the elevator - awaiting their upcoming adventures. little did they know how many adventures - good and bad - that they would face.

together.