A Beautiful Night

A/N:This is my first story here. And I don't know anything about spying or IB from personal experience. All of these are written as per my imagination, reading books and watching interviews. And ofcourse some Google searches. So feel free to correct and criticise me in the comments. And the idea of this book was given by NoahShugol204

Gahen's POV:

The cool evening air was flying my hair all around me. Somewhere far the sun was setting. A nice tinge of orange was spread all over the landscape before me. The warmth and the calm was seeping into the moving carriage. Another day was ending and soon some of the stars started peeking their heads looking for us discreetly. They never know that we too see them, whispering about our antics into the night sky. Ofcourse we can't hear them for they are too far from us, but their twinkling gives out every emotion they feel. The moon like the caring parent she is, was keeping a close look on the naughty ones and beeming with delight at her bright children.

Suddenly I was startled to find someone kneeling above me. I was completely lost in the view above to acknowledge that my best friend has climbed down from his bunk above mine. He sat beside me with an amusing smile.

"Were you again ogling the ever so pure night?", he asked with a small smirk.
"Are you again being the senseless idiot you are?", I countered with a smile.
"No but seriously! What were you looking at? It's literally dark outside!", he tried again.
"The lights in the dark, AKA, the stars and the moon.", I answered smiling.
"You are wierd! But I love you", he answered with a somewhat Ronald Weasley tone.

He and I have been best friends since preschool. He lives a few lanes away from my house and always been partner in crime. So when I told him I am going to try for Investigation Bureau, he was more than happy to accompany me. We both have cracked the three stages of selection prior to training, with a 60 day training in Shivpuri, MP and are now heading towards the capital of our country,New Delhi. The next 60 days will be spent their training. We had gotten a few days off to visit our family because after these 60 days, no one would know where we would be. Atleast not until we come back from our undercover bases. The last stage or 60 day trainings are always done at the base. So they are always confidential and are known to just some people, whose number could be counted on a hand.

Both of us want to go to the border but it is a bit of a high risk job, so we can only wish that we can join them.

I might have again zoned out looking at the night, because the next thing I knew, someone was vending food in our compartment. Both of us took some chips because God knows when we will get these again and we are here to enjoy it till we can.