Chapter 1: The sorrows of love

Kim Jisoo felt a heavy weight in her chest as another dark day passed without a trace of communication from Taehyung. Insecurities clawed at her, gradually dimming the glow of their once blossoming bond. She understood that he was part of the world's most prominent boy group, where time was an elusive treasure that was rarely within his grasp.

The immense time difference between their nations made it even more difficult to maintain a strong bond. But deep down, Jisoo couldn't escape the nagging feeling that Taehyung was slipping away. Weeks would go by without a single message, and even when they were in close proximity, he seemed distant unless he needed her special help.

To make matters worse, Taehyung chose to avoid any discussion of the issues plaguing their relationship, leaving Jisoo adrift in a sea of uncertainty and self-doubt. Her heart longed for clarity and a true understanding of what was really going on in his life. While she acknowledged his desire for solitude and moments spent with loved ones, the vast gulf between them was unlike anything she had ever experienced, leaving her in a perpetual state of anxiety and melancholy for an agonizing stretch of months. Jisoo's closest confidante, Jennie, began to witness the detrimental effect this was having on her mental well-being and became increasingly alarmed by the growing distress.

"Unnie, why don't we rehearse the dance routine for our song?" Jennie proposed, attempting to divert Jisoo's attention away from her phone. However, Jisoo's gaze remained glued to the screen, yearning for a message from Taehyung that never came.

"Allow me a moment to freshen up in the restroom. I will return shortly. Please continue with your practice," Jisoo replied stoically, her face betraying no hint of emotion. Jennie understood the unspoken message that Jisoo longed for solitude.

"Seriously, this guy is testing my patience to the extreme," Jennie grumbled, her words escaping her lips as Jisoo exited the practice room. Rosé and Lisa immediately diverted their focus towards Jennie, instantly detecting the overwhelming frustration resonating in her voice.

"What's wrong?" Lisa asked.

"Jennie, do you think Taehyung is once again neglecting Jisoo unnie?" Rosé asked, her expression revealing genuine worry.

"Yes, that is exactly what is happening. I'm so sick of this situation. Ever since Jisoo got back together with him last year, she hasn't been herself. It makes me so angry that he's causing her so much pain," Jennie told her fellow members.

Lisa's concern was evident as she voiced her observation, "I can't help but notice that she's been neglecting her meals and shedding pounds. This relationship is far from healthy, unnie. We really should have a conversation with her about it." Her face mirrored her genuine worry for their friend's well-being.

"Lisa, it feels like a completely futile effort to communicate with her. I've spent the last two months trying to reach out to him, but she keeps dismissing it, attributing his absence to mere busyness. But how can he be so busy? Can't he spare a moment to send a simple text, to inquire about her day? It's not an arduous task! Instead, he's causing her emotional distress. I've reached my breaking point. She is my soul mate and to see her vulnerability and anguish caused by this guy is unbearable. You know what..." Jennie's frustration rose as she poured her heart out to the girls.

"What? What are you going to do?" Rosé asked, her impatience obvious.

"I'll take matters into my own hands and give him a reality check," Jennie confidently stated to her bandmates in the rehearsal space.

After shedding tears for nearly 20 minutes, Jisoo finally managed to pull herself together. With newfound strength, she made her way back to the rehearsal room, where an enthusiastic Jennie, Lisa, and Rosé were eagerly awaiting her return. Concerned for her well-being, they encouraged Jisoo to take a seat if she wasn't feeling well. However, Jisoo, determined to persevere, assured them that she was perfectly fine and suggested that they continue their dance practice. As the night wore on, they persevered, relentlessly practicing their moves.

After a long and grueling practice session at YG's rehearsal studio, the clock struck 11 p.m. and everyone said their goodbyes. Exhausted but determined, Jisoo made her way back to her cozy apartment and slipped into her comfy pajamas. Nestled in her bed, she embraced the tranquility of the moment until a sudden message jolted her from her peaceful state. With a mixture of surprise and excitement, she jumped out of bed and rushed to her dresser to retrieve her phone. The sender's name flashed on the screen - it was Taehyung. A warm and uncontrollable smile spread across her face as she eagerly unlocked her phone to devour the contents of his message.

 A warm and uncontrollable smile spread across her face as she eagerly unlocked her phone to devour the contents of his message

💬
{ Dearest, please accept my sincerest apologies for the delay in contacting you. The whirlwind of the tour has kept me very busy, as you know all too well. However, I wanted to assure you that I am in good spirits and things are going smoothly. Rest assured that I will make it a priority to get in touch with you as soon as the perfect moment arises. Until then, remember that you are cherished and please take care of yourself. With all my love.}

Jisoo's heart was filled with joy as she received a long-awaited message from her boyfriend. An overwhelming worry had consumed her, fearing that he might have forgotten about her amidst life's chaos. However, her anxieties were swiftly dispelled as she read his heartfelt words. A sense of contentment washed over her, prompting her to respond to his message without delay.

💬
{ Hey Tae, I've been longing for your presence and it seemed like you had just vanished from my life. It truly hurt me and I've been feeling down, constantly thinking about you. I understand you're busy with your tour, but I believe we should both put in the effort to make our relationship thrive. It's crucial that we have an honest conversation about this because I don't recognize myself anymore. Even my friends have noticed a change in me. I genuinely want us to succeed, but there are moments when I feel neglected by you. Please respond to this message, knowing that I love you and that you can confide in me without hesitation.}

In the depths of her emotions, Jisoo poured her heart into words, expressing her raw feelings about their connection at that very moment

In the depths of her emotions, Jisoo poured her heart into words, expressing her raw feelings about their connection at that very moment. With trembling fingers, she mustered the courage to send him a text message, clinging to the glimmer of hope for a response. But as time passed, her anticipation turned to disappointment, for the answer she longed for never appeared on her phone screen.