16 and moving on

Introduction

Emily Rider is a simple girl. A girl who doesn't do much. A girl who just likes to curl up in a corner and read a book. But one day her life was going to change. Soon she was going to be 17, a time in her life that will change her forever.

Chapter 1

It was a few days before her birthday, she's getting ready for her party. Though she doesn't have many friend, she still celebrates with her family. She wasn't excited, though, for all she ever wanted was a friend for her birthday which she never got. But this birthday was going to be special.

One day, Emily wasn't aloud to be in the house while her parents were setting up for the party. There happened to be a old tree near by the house that she has never seen before. She decided to go look at it with her extra time and read a book. She walked over and an a amazing thing happened..... A big gust of wind blew through the air and the area around her disappeared and turned into an enchanted forest.

There was beautiful flowers,and birds; big trees that sway in the wind; and wild animals roaming around sniffing the fresh air after coming out of hiding. It was beautiful. Emily walked off the tree stump and looked around, there was a small pink house off to the right corner of the forest wall.

Suddenly, and girl, about Emily's age, walked out of it and trotted over to Emily. "Hello, my names Mia. What are you doing in the enchanted forest?" Mia asked. Emily wasn't quite sure to run or just stay and talk. She choose stay and talk. The girl looked really nice. "I'm not quite sure. But I think I was sitting in that tree reading, and then poof I ended up her!" Mia invited Emily inside for a cup of tea. For once in Emily's life she had a real friend.It was 2:45 and Emily had to go home for her parents must be worried sick. Mia taught Emily how to poof out and in when she wanted too.

The next day, Emily was too busy too visit Mia so she had her messenger bird send her a letter. It only took a few hours for her too get a response back for she lives too far away. The answer back was:

Dear Emily,

I know you are busy today but can you stop by later tomorrow? I have something important too ask you. Also, I would like too know if I can see your world. I've been stuck in this enchanted forest for so many years, and never seen the outside world! Well I guess that's it. See you tomorrow then.

From,

Mia

The next day, Emily went to go visit Mia. She walked over to the big tree and sat down on the stump. Suddenly, there was a big gust of wind and she ended up in the magical forest. She ran over to Mias hut and knocked on the small wooden door. "Come in." Said Mia as she sat at the kitchen table. "What are you doing." Asked Emily as she looked at all the papers scattered around the table. "Oh nothing. Just a bunch of stuff telling me that I need to be out of here in 3 days. They found us! I'm going to need some help!" Replied Mia as she rushed over to the kitchen counter to get some more papers. "Whose they?" Emily asked as she sat down in the seat across for Mia. "They, is the overlanders. Here's the whole story. for many years, the magical forest has been hidden. It was made to keep away from monsters and overtakers. Like the Overlanders. So now that it was found, everyone wants it for its magic. There's not that many people here, though, so we cant exactly go to war with only a few people. But you might be able to help. Do you have any other friends that can come too the battle? But wait how did they find out about here? Was it you? I can't be for sure but I'm pretty sure someone from YOUR WORLD found out about here and told them! Was it you!???"

The next day, Mia was packing to move out and so were all the animals except they had nothing to pack but there family. They then scattered out of the forest, until Emily stopped them in their tracks. Wait, we can't just walk away and leave. This is our area.